Maps won't stop

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Maps is awakening my phone over 2000 times just this once .... all day I've been quitting it. I can't figure out why it keeps doing this....I turned off google maps and it stopped when I first got it. Now its starting again....any ideas? I haven't changed anything since I got it may 30th

~Jae, tap'n on my Sexy White Galaxy Note 2~

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1372459211989.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372459211989.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 60

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Those are talking about Google now. I don't have Google now turned on

sejgiul

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Check your map settings. It looks like background location reporting is turned on. Turn it off and that should help.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I think it was google + ....ive disabled it now. I havent even used it. But it keeps showing up. Now it's decreased in number of wakelocks significantly

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Did you have location sharing on in Google Plus? Also you should turn off Google Plus sync. I did that and it's much better. You still get the Gmail notifications. That way you can still use Google Plus and not have bad battery drain from it.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
In the google settings app turn off report from this location and possibly background location reporting.

Sometimes when the map is reporting usage it means either apps or google are doing location requests and needs gps data to update.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I didnt turn my location off. Disabling google plus did it for me. Now maps waking is under 100 , a huge difference

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
You don't have Google Now on, Google + is disabled, you have much less wake locks but how did it impact you're battery life?

Like everyday use. Is it really that much better? I find I can get through a day and night. It comes out to about 20 hours if I have allot of screen time on 4 to 5 hours. Maybe an hour of that screen time used for texting and the other 3 to 4 hours of web, TapaTalk, ect. This is with HSPA not LTE. With LTE I get more like 15 hours of battery life and much less screen time. I would say 3 hours, 4 hours max. Only because LTE here in Oahu, Hawaii is just pure bad.

So bad in fact that you can have 3 bars, 30 MBPS down, 20 MBPS up. But I don't get a signal in my home and if I do it drops right back to HSPA (Basic 4G). If I walk outside down the road a bit I can pick up a signal but if I move two feet it drops. It's overall just way to spotty. So it saves me alot of battery if I just turn LTE off.

If I could keep at least two bars in my house and around where I live I would love to use LTE due to the much, much higher speeds. It would be worth the extra battery drain.

Anyway, are you on LTE or HSPA?

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
LTE ..... but I've been on vacation this week on wifi at home which I have a better longer battery life, when I return to work on Monday I'll see how the LTE goes.

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Depending on you're LTE connection. That might be the reason you're battery is draining so fast. As I said I have bad LTE on Oahu. So it's always looking for a LTE signal or just barely connected to LTE 1 bar at most. After putting up with that for a few days I went back to 4G and I gained at least 5 hours + of standby and more on screen time as well. But I will agree Wifi is the best. You get much better battery life.

Anyway let me know once you return to work and your daily schedule. Turn off LTE go back to 4G and you'll have much better battery life. Unless you're LTE connection is 3 bars or better at all times. But even then LTE does put more drain on your battery.

LTE is worth it. But as I said only if you always have a good connection. It's just way to spotty here.