Firmware upgrade failed

akinso05

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I have ATT Galaxy Note that I got the unlock codes from ATT. I have used it overseas. After I left ATT I am stil using the phone with TMobile sim. I currently have Gingerbread (2.3.6)Baseband version: I717UCLA1. I tried upgrading the firmware with Kies but as soon as I connect my phone, Kies automatically tells me an upgrade to 4.1.2 Baseband version:I717UCMD3 is available. I have tried several times Kies becomes unresponsive after downloading the firmware upgrade files/components.
I have tried to upgrade a) with my sim and external sd card in the phone, b) taking out the sim only from the phone, c) taking out both sim and sd card. In all instances, the result is the same - Kies becomes unresponsive after downloading the files.
Please help, I need to get this upgrade done asap. Thanks

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like you've been through a lot of troubleshooting steps. I'm confused about the Gingerbread part. Did the original Note release with Gingerbread?

jeno27

May 10, 2013
Visit site
SIMPLE. .. and change your mobile to ATT ..Once I had problems with my note 2... just I went to orange store and changed to new mobile....

Posted via Android Central App