1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 2 creaking

When I push in on the top left corner of my Note 2 it creaks. This isn't a big deal to me because with the case on I don't notice it but I sell my phone every year to buy a new one so I try to keep my phone in immaculate shape. Is this just something that happens with the Note 2? Will a new back cover fix it or is it just something with the latches on the back? Again it isn't a big deal for me but I can see someone buying it from me in the future and having a problem with it. I have a few days left on my return policy but would rather not take it back for a new one if it will just be a problem again.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Default Re: Note 2 creaking

Quote Originally Posted by adam13141 View Post
    When I push in on the top left corner of my Note 2 it creaks. This isn't a big deal to me because with the case on I don't notice it but I sell my phone every year to buy a new one so I try to keep my phone in immaculate shape. Is this just something that happens with the Note 2? Will a new back cover fix it or is it just something with the latches on the back? Again it isn't a big deal for me but I can see someone buying it from me in the future and having a problem with it. I have a few days left on my return policy but would rather not take it back for a new one if it will just be a problem again.

My recommendation would be to return it if you are still within exchange period. Your phone should not creak - to me that is a sign of poor build and I did own a Note 2 in the past and never experienced any creaking like you mention. The plus is, you discovered it while you can still exchange it.
    Phone: HTC One M8 (Gunmetal Gray)
    Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013

http://www.flickr.com/photos/82163524@N05/
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Note 2 creaking

Quote Originally Posted by adam13141 View Post

My first S4 did creak a bit so I swapped it and this one is good. Samsung devices do creak especially the more often you remove the back cover. My s3 did it sometimes but like you said with a case I didn't notice.

Sent from my GS4 running the Google Edition Rom
    Nexus 5-Black
    Rooted 4.4.2
    TWRP