Galaxy note 3 announced for September

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Just read an article on mobile syrup announcing note 3 in September and they settled on a 5.7 inch screen,, a very modest increase in size from the note 2. I can't wait,, I will be a first day buyer.

Note 2,,ITS TRUE, SIZE IS EVERYTHING.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Love taking pictures with my phone. Can't wait for that 13 mp cam.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm definitely interested, but will have to reserve judgement until there are more concrete details about it. I also need to see it, hope it doesn't just look like a larger Galaxy S4.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Samsung is expected to introduce the Galaxy Note 3 at IFA 2013 in Germany on September 6th or 7th. According to*The*Korea Herald,*Samsung has decided to go with a 5.7-inch display as opposed to the previously-rumoured 5.9-inch screen size, likely for a more modest chassis change over the Galaxy Note II.The Galaxy Note 3 is also expected to run a Snapdragon 800 SoC and 3GB of RAM, along with a full 1080p screen resolution and 13MP camera, both of which debuted on the popular Galaxy S4 flagship earlier this year.The Note series has differentiated itself from the rest of the Galaxy family with the inclusion of a pressure-sensitive S Pen, which, in addition to the larger screen size, can be used for taking notes and annotating documents. Despite initial industry reservations, the Galaxy Note has proven to be a hit with consumers: estimates put sales of the Galaxy Note II at*above 5 million units.Early September is also around the time Apple is expected to unveil the iPhone 5S, so back to school expectations will be high this year.The Note 3 will not be Samsung?s largest smartphone, though. That title is held by the 6.3-inch Galaxy Mega, another category introduced earlier this year.Source:*The Korea Herald

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
The mega is actually a lower end device with so so specs.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Ill be interested in seeing it if the overall size doesnt increase. I love my note2 but its at the threshold off what is practical for me... now it will be a tough choice between that and whatever the new moto phone turns out to be..

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Unless im missing it it doesnt mention if that is a bigger screen n same size phone tho... or if the entire phone changes

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
It says right in article,, they decided to go with a 5.7 inch display,, that means screen size,, as opposed to the 5 3 now. You definitely are missing it.

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
It says right in article,, they decided to go with a 5.7 inch display,, that means screen size,, as opposed to the 5 3 now. You definitely are missing it.

Apparently you're missing it.

I think what russel5150 is getting at is the screen size can increase without the exterior size of the phone increasing at all. THAT is not mentioned in the article above. This would be accomplished by reducing the bezel around the screen and could possibly mean no bezel at all resulting an edge to edge screen, which some phones have now. In fact, the Note 3 exterior dimensions could even be smaller than a Note 2 and still have a larger screen.

NoNexus

May 10, 2013
Visit site
.2 is nothing. isnt that size increase from the SGS3 to 4? not much of a dimension shift on the overall phone. I will say that I hope they get rid of the physical button. I am not a hater nor a liker, I would just like to see it go away. I dont want to see on screen buttons, that would defeat the size increase...

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
At 5.7 inch I expect the phone to be overall the same size or at least very close. Also don't see why they would change the looks of it after the SIII to S4.

Last edited:

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
My Note2 is the first device I can admit will last me my contract time. I am not bored with it. Love it and am very pleased. Best phone I have ever had.

sent from my amazing Note2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12