Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

Default Re: 4.2.2 update when

Quote Originally Posted by zaydabarber View Post
    Any news when it will be release

AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    I'm pretty sure Samsung is going to release it for both the Note2 and the S3 at around the same time (to help reduce fragmentation). Although you have to remember that Samsung releases it to the carrier, then the carrier releases it to the end user, after testing and tweaking and what not. Given the US carrier's track records for releases, it may still be a while off, but last I heard it was almost through testing phases over at Samsung.
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net

I'm in no hurry for any updates- my Note 2 couldn't be any better.

I've never understood why there are so many people that just have to have the latest update when their phone is working fine. I've seen updates cause all kinds of problems, so generally defer any updates for a few weeks until I can verify it's a bug free one.

The reason I'm not so happy with Samsung is they are most likely going to release the Note 3 before we get our update. That's just pure wrong as it seems Samsung doesn't care about return customer's. They just want to push out as many devices possible.

Being that right now the Note 2 is there Top Note device right now. You would think Samsung would want to show that they are going to keep there top end devices up to date. Being that the update was supposed to be released in April/May and it's now almost the middle if July, with the end of July right around the corner. Samsung needs to work with what they have released. It makes you wonder, is Samsung going to do the same thing with the Note 3. They start working on the Note 4 and just forget about the update they promised us because they just want to push out more devices?

If they don't release the update for our Note 2 well before the Note 3 is released. I'm going to start looking into LG, HTC and Motorola. They seem to be releasing some nice stuff and it will continue to get better. I plan on keeping my Note 2 at least until Q2 or Q3 of next year. But the LG Optimist G Pro and the soon to be released G2 is looking very, very nice.

I do love my Note 2, I just feel Samsung is starting to get to greedy and are pushing out to many device's and can't keep up with updating them. So I'm giving Samsung another chance to make things right. My friends and family tend to buy the same brand so we get the same features and can help each other out with issues easier.

So, Samsung won't just be losing me as a customer. They'll be losing my friend's and family's as well. This is not a threat of any kind. I just want Samsung to think about how they are messing up.

If Samsung updated there top end devices. They would keep customer's, it would show they care about the customer's they already have and there would be a much higher chance of us returning to Samsung rather then trying out different company's. Because we would know that our Samsung phone's will get update to the latest version of Android and the newest Touch-Wiz 2.0 UI, as well as Samsung's software, like, the Camera, S-Voice, S-Translate and there other software. Whenever there is new software released.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Last edited by Onemoa; 07-10-2013 at 05:03 AM.

Global Posts
    412 Global Posts

Look at when the Note 1 got 4.1, I'm going to guess that the note 2 will get 4.2 in the same time frame. That is to say it will likely be after the note 3 is out I bet. I also predict that the note 1 won't ever get it.

You are correct. .. as you said I will wait.. for some time then... ill change ..to.. lg..htc.. or sony expria z ultra

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by Onemoa View Post
    The reason I'm not so happy with Samsung is they are most likely going to release the Note 3 before we get our update. That's just pure wrong as it seems Samsung doesn't care about return customer's. They just want to push out as many devices possible.

Being that right now the Note 2 is there Top Note device right now. You would think Samsung would want to show that they are going to keep there top end devices up to date. Being that the update was supposed to be released in April/May and it's now almost the middle if July, with the end of July right around the corner. Samsung needs to work with what they have released. It makes you wonder, is Samsung going to do the same thing with the Note 3. They start working on the Note 4 and just forget about the update they promised us because they just want to push out more devices?

If they don't release the update for our Note 2 well before the Note 3 is released. I'm going to start looking into LG, HTC and Motorola. They seem to be releasing some nice stuff and it will continue to get better. I plan on keeping my Note 2 at least until Q2 or Q3 of next year. But the LG Optimist G Pro and the soon to be released G2 is looking very, very nice.

I do love my Note 2, I just feel Samsung is starting to get to greedy and are pushing out to many device's and can't keep up with updating them. So I'm giving Samsung another chance to make things right. My friends and family tend to buy the same brand so we get the same features and can help each other out with issues easier.

So, Samsung won't just be losing me as a customer. They'll be losing my friend's and family's as well. This is not a threat of any kind. I just want Samsung to think about how they are messing up.

If Samsung updated there top end devices. They would keep customer's, it would show they care about the customer's they already have and there would be a much higher chance of us returning to Samsung rather then trying out different company's. Because we would know that our Samsung phone's will get update to the latest version of Android and the newest Touch-Wiz 2.0 UI, as well as Samsung's software, like, the Camera, S-Voice, S-Translate and there other software. Whenever there is new software released.

You do realize that HTC has been the poster child for the exact behavior you described. On the last evo they wouldn't even do a quick maintenance update to fix some major bugs that they induced with a previous update.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Just my 2 cents on the subject. I'm also considering other options as well so good luck with whatever you get next

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Global Posts
    239 Global Posts

Hi just my 2cents but my girlfriend has 4.2 on her Galaxy S4 Active and I do not see any real advantage over 4.1.2 I don't like the settings menu with different tabs for software, device, etc. I didn't see much else maybe I'm just missing something. One thing I noticed with her phone and a couple of people I work with is, and this is annoying, is they seem to be getting notifications (sound and blue led) but there's nothing there, zilch, zero nada, this would drive me nuts. I looked through her phone when it does this thinking she just is missing something but I can't find anything that is causing a notification alert. I'll just stick with my Note 2. The first phone in android I've had that I'm not looking for a replacement. Been on andriod phones since my Sprint HTC Hero 1st edition.

Posted via Android Central App

Only one option that many want and NEED,, like myself,, APPS TO SD.

Note 2,,ITS TRUE, SIZE IS EVERYTHING.
    love my evo.

Quote Originally Posted by So Cold View Post
    You do realize that HTC has been the poster child for the exact behavior you described. On the last evo they wouldn't even do a quick maintenance update to fix some major bugs that they induced with a previous update.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Just my 2 cents on the subject. I'm also considering other options as well so good luck with whatever you get next

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    I said I'll look into the other brands. If it's as bad as Samsung at the time when I'm ready to get a new device then we will just have to see. I'll most likely end up going LG or Motorola, unless HTC is doing better whenever I decide to get a new device. The Nexus 5 is looking good. Based off the LG G2, 5.2" IPS 3GB of ram, S800.

I'm not in the market for a new device right now but when I am, maybe next year sometime. There will be a lot of new phone to pick from. I'm just going to watch for what happens between now and then. See what updates are rolled out, keep an eye on who updates the fastest. I have a while to decide so I'm in no hurry.

But I do know one things curtain. If the Note 2 doesn't get 4.2.2 before the Note 3 is released. I'm done with Samsung. I'm sure it doesn't matter to others. When someone buys the S4 rather then the Note 2 it doesn't bother me. Even though I know the S4 isn't as good.

All I'm doing is expressing my opinion. It does **** me off that they pushed our update to the side though. But as far as looking for a different device when that time comes. I'll be looking into it.

I do still have a little hope. I try to stay positive about getting the update. But I just have a backup plan and that's no not buy another Samsung device if we don't get the update.

Yea,, I'm never impatient when it comes to updates but I getting a bit impatient with this one. My phone is absolutely perfect other then the apps to sd issue.. Note 2 was supposed to get this update in June and now it's "sometime in third quarter" which could mean September now... If they pull this move of not giving the update until note 3 is released then I will seriously reconsider my plans to buy the Note 3 because that would just be BOGUS.

love my evo.

msung*Galaxy*Note*2*received an unofficial 4.2.2 version of the latest Jelly Bean OS.The second generation of*Samsung's phablet is currently running with 4.1 version of Jelly Bean OS and is pending to receive the 4.2 version. The roll out of the upgrade is still tentative. However, impatient users who want to install the update may use the custom ROM.View Full ImageSamsungCrediting strong sales of its Galaxy S3 smartphone and Galaxy Note 2 phablet, Korea's Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., now the world's preferred mobile phone maker, has reported profits during the fourth quarter of 2012 has jumped tremendously to a record high 76 per cent versus a year ago.The 4.2.2 version of Jelly Bean OS will provide upgraded features into your handset such as better camera software.Users are warned that the custom ROM is only for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 international version on AT&T,*Sprint, Verizon and T-Mobile. The device you are installing the update on must be rooted. You also need 70% of battery before you run the custom ROM and your handset must be backed up.Moreover, make sure that you turn off security apps on the handset along with the computer you are using. Your handset must have a ClockworkMod or similar software installed. Download the ROM you wish to install to your computer.Below is the step-by-step procedure on how you will install the unofficial 4.2.2 version of*Android's Jelly Bean.Must Read

'The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones' Clothing Line by Hot Topic [PHOTOS]

Best Dressed Of The Week: Miley Cyrus, Kristen Stewart & More....

American Dog Breeds Have Asian Ancestry, DNA Study Traces Lineage Of Domestic Dog

Apple Store Construction in Madrid Unearths Fifteenth Century Hospital Ruins

Sponsorship Link

Sponsored LinkDrive 5 Priorities with Telepresence

1. Install the Samsung USB drivers on your computer.2. Connect your Galaxy Note 2 to the computer then copy the appropriate custom ROM and the Google Apps package on the SD card of your device.3. Switch off the*Samsung*Galaxy*Note 2 and reboot it into Recovery mode. To do this, press and hold the Volume up + Volume down + Power keys after the device turned off.4. Create a nAndroid*backup for your current ROM which you can restore later if something goes wrong. Select "backup and restore > backup." You can select "restore" if you decided to revert back to your current ROM.5. In the main menu, select "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition." After that, go back and select "advanced > wipe Dalvik cache."6. Go back to the main menu and select "install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card." Choose the custom ROM zip file you have copied on your Galaxy Note and confirm installation. Do the same with the Google Apps package.7. Once the installation is complete, go back to the main menu and select "reboot system now."8. The*Samsung*Galaxy*Note*2*will reboot and may take up to 5 minutes to complete the first run of the latest ROM.Users who are not quite knowledgeable in installing the custom ROM, we advise that you to wait for the official Jelly Bean update from Samsung.MUST READ:*Samsung Gala

love my evo.

Quote Originally Posted by srvctec View Post
    I've never understood why there are so many people that just have to have the latest update when their phone is working fine
    Currently stock keyboard has no auto-correct, for one. And using a non-stock keyboard is a problem because every time you plug in an external (USB or bluetooth) keyboard the phone reverts the on-screen keyboard to the stock keyboard.