Help..before I smash it

ThisDieingDream1

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I already made a thread on this but nobody seems to be willing to help. My note 2 just wont send texts sometimes. I have to resend them then it goes through. Please help. I did a factory reset and even rooted it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

cheeta186

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
What carrier are you on? This may be helpful for some users to possibly help you out. Also (and I know both of these are stupid but must be asked) have you tried pulling the battery out and letting it sit for a time, and you do have good signal where you're sending texts correct?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using AC Forums mobile app

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Please do not create multiple threads for the same issue. You can bump your original thread, but creating duplicates is frowned upon. I am going to close the last one. Please remember that sometimes we may not know the answer, or are trying to find an answer for you. as much as we like to think we do, we dont know it all. Thank you.

Jennifer Stough
Forums Moderator

cheeta186

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Don't shake your head at me, I said it was stupid but it's something that needs to be asked. As an IT help person you'd be surprised at how many people tell me that have not tried something along those lines. (ie: turning it off and on again). Anywho, try this, go to settings then system update (may be something different on the note) and see if you can update your PRL. Sometimes this will solve problems with texts not going through.

If this does not work I am afraid I am no help. I would recommend calling vzw if you cannot get it fixed. I had issues with texts not going through sometimes with this phone and they did something from their end and fixed it. Phone call was about 15 minutes and totally painless. Best of luck to you! And I hope one of these solutions works for you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using AC Forums mobile app

ThisDieingDream1

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Haha I wasnt smh at you. I was at my phone. Every thing was fine with the pjone till they did the last ota update

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Since you've rooted your N2, why not flash a custom Touch Wiz rom? There are many good, stable roms available to you. My guess is if you're factory resetting the same rom, the issue can remain.

As always, do a backup of your device before flashing.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

brian10161

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Try booting into recovery and clear the cache. I've had this problem before on the stock os for my s3.

I've since switched to CM10.1 and no problems since.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781