Note 2 Update 4.2.2.....doesn't look good

alamarco

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Considering 4.2 was released on the 13th of November, I'm not expecting 4.2.* anytime soon.

I love my Note 2, but Samsung has started to get on my nerves. They seem to care more about pushing out new devices instead of supporting there client base. Just keep pushing and pushing where I doubt they even know what the word update means.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't mind not getting 4.2.2, especially if we're getting 4.3 instead. Isn't that what everyone wants anyway? I'd rather they take a little longer and get it right, than to get it and be back here complaining about it 15 minutes after install.

Sent via Note II

MercuryStar

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
It takes more than a few months for Samsung to prepare a phone OTA update and launch it, including testing and development. Given that we've seen them say it'll be ready in July before, you have to assume that they are definitely in a late stage of development and testing for the update, or at any rate, they should already have invested a fair bit of time in it - even if it doesn't end up launching in July.

There's no reason they would throw away all the work they've already done on this.

This article is speculation and assumes that Samsung haven't been working on the 4.2 update, which I don't think is a good assumption, personally.

I do believe the other part, about Note 2 being supported through to Android 5.0, though. And I do believe it will be likely to get 4.3 too, but if so, not very quickly. It should get 4.2 long before.

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
If they don't update our Note 2 to 4.2.2, Touch-Wiz UI 2.0 as well as all the new camera features, basically the S4 software on the Note 2. Samsung said they were working so hard on and had a delay in early June. That's why it's taking so long ect... If we don't get that update. Then Samsung is full of it. Why just throw all that work, hours, money, testing, ect.. Away.

I would rather get 4.2.2 now and wait until next year for 4.3, because if they do skip it. It was all a lie to start with and we would have to wait until next year for 4.3 anyway...

I'm already pissed Samsung has not rolled 4.2.2 out to us. There are allot of Android bug fixes and even more so allot of new Samsung features. The new S-voice, the new Camera feature's, the new UI.

4.2.2 should have been rolled out months ago. If we don't get the update before Samsung releases the Note 3 as I said in my other posts. I'm done with Samsung. And as I said before Samsung needs to roll out 4.2.2 just to give us an update within a year. We started on Android 4.1 Samsung should at least bring us up to 4.2 before the Note 3 is released. Then at the beginning of next year Samsung can roll out 4.3 to our device.

Samsung needs to stop pushing updates to the side because the next version of there device is coming out. Samsung doesn't care about return customer's at all, at least that's how they make it seem. Just when it started to look like Samsung was going to start upgrading there device's. Samsung pulls this and if Samsung isn't going to update the Note 2 before the Note 3 is released. My next device is most likely going to be LG, Motorola or HTC. I have a while before I need a new device so I can make sure my next phone will be checking things out for a while.

I hope I don't have to give Samsung up. I just hate being let down all the time, the Note 2 is a great device. But Samsung doesn't understand how important it is to update there best device with at least one great update before the new version comes out.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Considering 4.2 was released on the 13th of November, I'm not expecting 4.2.* anytime soon.

I love my Note 2, but Samsung has started to get on my nerves. They seem to care more about pushing out new devices instead of supporting there client base. Just keep pushing and pushing where I doubt they even know what the word update means.

I've been saying that since the delay. If we don't get 4.2.2 before the Note 3 is released. We know Samsung truly are full of it.

The last they could do for the owners of there top device is give them a great update before the new version comes out. If anything delay the Note 3. That way Samsung doesn't lose me and at least thousands of other customer's.

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
i dont even care if we dont get 4.3 if we are going to get 5.0. if i get tired of waiting i could always root my phone. though i went through that with mythunderbolt and flashing roms became an addiction for me lol. im happy with what i got now and at this time see no reason to root. when i buy a phone, i buy it for what it has, not for what it might get down the road. i also think its ridiculous to expect any company to continue updating their current products rather than putting new devices out. they would go out of business if that were the case. there is no money in updating. the people who make these phones have families to feed just like everyone else.

ImmaGhost

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I've been saying that since the delay. If we don't get 4.2.2 before the Note 3 is released. We know Samsung truly are full of it.

The last they could do for the owners of there top device is give them a great update before the new version comes out. If anything delay the Note 3. That way Samsung doesn't lose me and at least thousands of other customer's.

As sad as it is. ..we all know this won't stop many of us from buying the next Gen notes...they are just too much of a solid phone

Sent from my Note 2

ImmaGhost

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
i dont even care if we dont get 4.3 if we are going to get 5.0. if i get tired of waiting i could always root my phone. though i went through that with mythunderbolt and flashing roms became an addiction for me lol. im happy with what i got now and at this time see no reason to root. when i buy a phone, i buy it for what it has, not for what it might get down the road. i also think its ridiculous to expect any company to continue updating their current products rather than putting new devices out. they would go out of business if that were the case. there is no money in updating. the people who make these phones have families to feed just like everyone else.

True..just give me the App 2 Sd function and i'm good to go! Lol thats all I want

Sent from my SPH-L900 using AC Forums mobile app

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Makes no difference to me. I?m content with 4.1.1 that my Note 2 originally shipped with. It still works great and does everything I need/want. I?m also rooted with various system mods (on the stock ROM), so not really interested in risking any of that with an update. Hey, if it ain?t broke? :) I?ll look for a newer version of Android on my next phone (Note 3).

Double0EK

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Ya, Note2 is solid as it is. Not really a deal breaker for me if they dont upgrade to the latest firmware. Its a smartphone. The features are all basically the same...my next phone will also be a Note..not the 3 but maybe the 4..

zeuswsu

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
I have a Nexus with 4.2 and it's not really all that exciting. It is fun to get updates but it's not like we're upgrading from gingerbread or something

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I have a Nexus with 4.2 and it's not really all that exciting. It is fun to get updates but it's not like we're upgrading from gingerbread or something

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I agree to the extent that 4.2.2 alone isn't all that exciting, but I believe it's the features Samsung has on the S4 that most people are looking forward to having on their Note 2.

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I agree to the extent that 4.2.2 alone isn't all that exciting, but I believe it's the features Samsung has on the S4 that most people are looking forward to having on their Note 2.

Then they should have waited for the S4. If we get them that's awesome but I don't get the entitlement people have that Samsung owes us upgrades. If you never expect anything you'll never be disappointed

sent from viper's note 2 using tapatalk 4

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Then they should have waited for the S4. If we get them that's awesome but I don't get the entitlement people have that Samsung owes us upgrades. If you never expect anything you'll never be disappointed

They probably should have if they are all jacked up about getting the update with these features. I know I didn't care to wait for the S4. The Note 2 is just fine as it is for me, and I suspect that it will be for the next year and a half or so.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

alamarco

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, the Note 2 is fine... I mean issues like the WiFi bug introduced in 4.1.2 are nice to have... who needs another version of Android when this bug filled 4.1.2 update is so fun...

Chris Flowers

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site

Because Samsung is one of the big boys now. And if they want to compete with the big boys like Apple, then they need to be competing on all aspects and levels, not just concentrating on pushing new devices and gaining new custom. They have an increasing number of staying customers whom they need to also be thinking about.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Because Samsung is one of the big boys now. And if they want to compete with the big boys like Apple, then they need to be competing on all aspects and levels, not just concentrating on pushing new devices and gaining new custom. They have an increasing number of staying customers whom they need to also be thinking about.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I disagree. I'll be happy with what i got and if I get an update its a bonus. If I decide I want and update sooner I'll root