Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By indysteve9
  • 1 Post By abbiesweetheart
  • 1 Post By ericrangel76
  • 1 Post By arhith
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What launcher do you use?

I'm loving Nova launcher. It fills in the few gaps I couldn't stand on touchwiz. But I miss all the icons and themes of Go Launcher.
    I had problems with Go Launcher on my Motorola devices and would prefer not to use it as Nova runs so clean and smooth.
    Where can I find good icons that will work with Nova?

Default Re: What launcher do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by magneticseed View Post
    I'm loving Nova launcher. It fills in the few gaps I couldn't stand on touchwiz. But I miss all the icons and themes of Go Launcher.
    I had problems with Go Launcher on my Motorola devices and would prefer not to use it as Nova runs so clean and smooth.
    Where can I find good icons that will work with Nova?
    Why did you stop using go launcher? I'm still using go and I'm really happy with it but then I am a sucker for pretty themes. Maybe I should have another look at nova but it would be so hard to give up the super themes this is what I have now

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Global Posts
    340 Global Posts

I use Apex. For me personally it was smoother than nova.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Mobile Nations mobile app

I also went with Nova because of the lack of some features within TW, especially with the added limitations imposed by VZW.

There are many good icon packs out there that work with Nova. It really depends on what style you're looking for. One of the nicest ones that I use is .

I'm quite happy with TouchWiz. No need for me to change. I don't fiddle with the phone all that much.
    universeand likes this.

I stated using Go Launcher sometime back. The stock of themes and lockscreen themes are aplenty. I havnt tried Nova yet.

For now, happy with GL.
    _X_

Global Posts
    623 Global Posts

I use ADW.Launcher

I tried Apex, Nova and a few others but ADW.Launcher is just the best.

It has a lot of themes, it's stable and has the most functionality.

Rocking with the Note II

When I first got my Note 2 and before I rooted, I used the phone stock for about 7 days. I thought Touchwiz was rather nice. After that initial period, I went with Apex Pro and have been Apex since.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Last edited by shethinks; 07-19-2013 at 09:52 AM.

Yeah just plain 'Ol touch wiz here. Only had it for 2 weeks so l'll have to get tired of touch wiz first.

Sent from my Note2 using AC Forums App

I'm using Nova and have found a lot of nice icon sets from the Playstore

What launcher do you use?-1374190185255.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
    w0ng 
    w0ng likes this.

Nova. Love it

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app
    Samsung Note 2
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Used GL on my Razr Maxx and Bionic before that but it slowed the device a lot and ran into glitches. If it doesn't do that on this phone I might try it. I do miss all the cool icons.
    One thing I like about Nova is that it feels like I am still running stock (touchwiz). But I can change the grid, scroll circular through homepages etc. GL felt like it took over my phone. Of course anything was better motoblur.
    Thank you all for your replies.

I've been using Smart launcher for the last couple of weeks. I like how simple and clean the launcher works. I also like how the launcher automatically organizes your apps in the app drawer. There several themes you can download but I've stuck with the default icons and wallpapers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Last edited by ericrangel76; 07-19-2013 at 10:11 AM.
    petaf likes this.

I use Next Launcher 3D....It's pretty good..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What launcher do you use?-screenshot_2013-07-19-14-14-37.jpg  
    JanWB likes this.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

i am on touchwiz now.. but when i am using other phones other than samsung, i usually switch to nova

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

I really like icons that have a three dimensional look to them. I have seen some nice themes that are compatible with Nova but the icons are flat.
    Memescape said they are hoping to have some of theirs available for Nova in a few weeks.

I'm back and forth between apex launcher and buzz launcher

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app
    What does that do?

ROM
    Stock ICS

I've stuck with TW, I just wish I could use the TW weather widget with a transparent background, I am using Beautiful Widgets to get the look, but I want the Samsung weather app to open when I open weather.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

I'm using TW, and I'm happy with it. I use the TW calendar widget too much. I tried nova and it just didn't work for me. Was back to TW in an hour.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II on Straight Talk
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Quote Originally Posted by z71kris View Post
    I've stuck with TW, I just wish I could use the TW weather widget with a transparent background, I am using Beautiful Widgets to get the look, but I want the Samsung weather app to open when I open weather.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
    One feature I like with Nova is swipe actions. You could set an icon to open whatever app or action you like.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Quote Originally Posted by skafri View Post
    I'm using TW, and I'm happy with it. I use the TW calendar widget too much. I tried nova and it just didn't work for me. Was back to TW in an hour.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II on Straight Talk
    Have you tried Business Calendar? Great widgets. I actually prefer it to the Samsung calendar.

I was using Nova for a long time. I switched to Action Launcher about 2 months ago and haven't looked back. I absolutely love Action Launcher. It's still a work in progress but new features are added every update.

If you guys haven't tried Everything.me launcher, you should give it a try!

Totally out of the box launcher, which customizes based on what you're looking for!

Say "Batman", and it changes the background screen to a photo of Batman, and displays apps that you may want to use... for example, it'll show eBay app. Click on the eBay app, after saying "Batman", and it'll display items for sale on eBay, relating to Batman!

Say a movie stars name, and the background will change to his/her photo and you'll be presented with apps such as IMdB, which, when you click on it, displays all of the info about that celebrity in IMdB!

Free app, in beta but totally stable. You can find it in the Play store!

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts

I am using Next Launcher, bought it a while ago when it was on sale. I love that I am able to get rid of the status bar and the bottom draw launcher so I have a full screen I us pie to launch everything I may have stayed with TW if it would have given be the option to hide the status bar and drawer launcher.
    Want some free online storage see the link:

https://copy.com?r=B3nGac