What launcher do you use?

magneticseed

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm loving Nova launcher. It fills in the few gaps I couldn't stand on touchwiz. But I miss all the icons and themes of Go Launcher.
I had problems with Go Launcher on my Motorola devices and would prefer not to use it as Nova runs so clean and smooth.
Where can I find good icons that will work with Nova?

richard hodge

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm loving Nova launcher. It fills in the few gaps I couldn't stand on touchwiz. But I miss all the icons and themes of Go Launcher.
I had problems with Go Launcher on my Motorola devices and would prefer not to use it as Nova runs so clean and smooth.
Where can I find good icons that will work with Nova?

Why did you stop using go launcher? I'm still using go and I'm really happy with it but then I am a sucker for pretty themes. Maybe I should have another look at nova but it would be so hard to give up the super themes
aba9apav.jpg
this is what I have now

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

sejgiul

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I use Apex. For me personally it was smoother than nova.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Mobile Nations mobile app

nlitenme

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I also went with Nova because of the lack of some features within TW, especially with the added limitations imposed by VZW.

There are many good icon packs out there that work with Nova. It really depends on what style you're looking for. One of the nicest ones that I use is MIUI X4.

Somdk

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I stated using Go Launcher sometime back. The stock of themes and lockscreen themes are aplenty. I havnt tried Nova yet.

For now, happy with GL.

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I use ADW.Launcher

I tried Apex, Nova and a few others but ADW.Launcher is just the best.

It has a lot of themes, it's stable and has the most functionality.

Rocking with the Note II

shethinks

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
When I first got my Note 2 and before I rooted, I used the phone stock for about 7 days. I thought Touchwiz was rather nice. After that initial period, I went with Apex Pro and have been Apex since.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Last edited:

KOOLWATER

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Yeah just plain 'Ol touch wiz here. Only had it for 2 weeks so l'll have to get tired of touch wiz first.

Sent from my Note2 using AC Forums App

magneticseed

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Used GL on my Razr Maxx and Bionic before that but it slowed the device a lot and ran into glitches. If it doesn't do that on this phone I might try it. I do miss all the cool icons.
One thing I like about Nova is that it feels like I am still running stock (touchwiz). But I can change the grid, scroll circular through homepages etc. GL felt like it took over my phone. Of course anything was better motoblur.
Thank you all for your replies.

ericrangel76

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I've been using Smart launcher for the last couple of weeks. I like how simple and clean the launcher works. I also like how the launcher automatically organizes your apps in the app drawer. There several themes you can download but I've stuck with the default icons and wallpapers.

yty9aty9.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Last edited:

w0ng

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
i am on touchwiz now.. but when i am using other phones other than samsung, i usually switch to nova

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

magneticseed

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I really like icons that have a three dimensional look to them. I have seen some nice themes that are compatible with Nova but the icons are flat.
Memescape said they are hoping to have some of theirs available for Nova in a few weeks.

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I've stuck with TW, I just wish I could use the TW weather widget with a transparent background, I am using Beautiful Widgets to get the look, but I want the Samsung weather app to open when I open weather.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

skafri

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm using TW, and I'm happy with it. I use the TW calendar widget too much. I tried nova and it just didn't work for me. Was back to TW in an hour.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II on Straight Talk

magneticseed

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I've stuck with TW, I just wish I could use the TW weather widget with a transparent background, I am using Beautiful Widgets to get the look, but I want the Samsung weather app to open when I open weather.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

One feature I like with Nova is swipe actions. You could set an icon to open whatever app or action you like.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc