1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default .pst files on note 2

Hi

I have .pst files that I would like to transfer to my Note II and read the mails (read only) using compatible apps.

Please advise if you know of any such app?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: .pst files on note 2

If I were you I'd look into converting the PST into Maildir format which will export the emails in it as normal text files arranged into directories corresponding to the folder, then you can use any viewer capable of viewing text files. Note that the files won't have ".txt" extension so you'll need a reader that can read files with no extension as text. The files will also not have very useful file names.

If you want to browse them really easily you may want to do something more advanced - convert the PST into a format that an IMAP server can use (again, Maildir is possible), set up an IMAP server with it and you can then connect to the IMAP server from any mail client and import them as emails.

Default Re: .pst files on note 2

There is an app on Play Store called ViewIT. The link is . One can read pst files, read emails, forward them. It also has full text indexing so that emails can be searched very quickly