Verizon Note 2: Outgoing calls failing (+) plus sign added to incoming numbers in call log

Nawinda

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
Can you please tell me step by step how to do this. I will application a lot. I been try all night but still never work .Big thankssz

Posted via the Android Central App

Hazem Abolrous

May 5, 2016
Visit site
Nightmare. I can't believe an Android phone would ship with such a bug. Bought phone at Best Buy, traveled to Europe, bought a local SIM card. All my Google contacts have + (country code) in front of them. I can dial numbers direct, but without the Plus Sign (+). I can't dial anything in my address book. Researched it and painfully so, I found a third party app (prefixer) that does the trick after trying a few. You basically want to add "00" in front of the +.

It's simple enough, but I don't care for the fact that it's not native to the phone. Here is the configuration below - best of luck

Screenshot_20160505-152145.jpg

PB66

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
In USA, Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note3 + sign added issue since porting to ATT. Prefixer finally worked! Weaving together portions of previous threads (thank you to all who contributed!) Here is my fix:

In both Outgoing and Incoming Calls:

under
"When number matches"
edit to ".+"

then under
"Remove characters"
edit to "\+"

So far working for returning all incoming calls and texts! Good Luck!!!

Rwkilla

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
All incoming calls in Verizon note 2 come with plus sign on front of area code. If I try to call it won't go through, It recently started doing this. I even did a factory reset and nothing, please help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

App called IntlPrefix gixed this bug for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Harsh707

Dec 18, 2016
Visit site
I am having Note 4 from Verizon and performed all steps mentioned in this post...

Will you please share exactly what you have done.. it is getting me crazyyyy...

Thanks for your help...

Really Confused

Jan 29, 2017
Visit site
Hope this works. I was on chat with Cricket (AT&T) and they tried to tell me it was only phones that came from Verizon. I told them I was seeing this on phones from all carriers that switched to Cricket.

Aroyarteaga

Oct 7, 2017
Visit site
This usually happens on Verizon devices switched from Global to LTE/GSM and now it's showing my contacts again ...but still a few numbers showing with the + sign ...
Any one can help? I did the assisted call change as well.

atif rasheed1

Oct 24, 2017
Visit site
Re: Outgoing calls failing (+) plus sign added to incoming numbers in call log

Yes it really works i just get rid f that problem i juck uncheck assisted calling
just open dialler then click on more then settings then click on more settings in call settings then click on assisted dialing and turn it off.
Believe me it really works

CowboyDon

Jan 7, 2019
Visit site
Nightmare. I can't believe an Android phone would ship with such a bug. Bought phone at Best Buy, traveled to Europe, bought a local SIM card. All my Google contacts have + (country code) in front of them. I can dial numbers direct, but without the Plus Sign (+). I can't dial anything in my address book. Researched it and painfully so, I found a third party app (prefixer) that does the trick after trying a few. You basically want to add "00" in front of the +.

It's simple enough, but I don't care for the fact that it's not native to the phone. Here is the configuration below - best of luck

View attachment 226575

There is an easier fix. Go to settings. Then open "mobile networks" and after that, change yous setting under "Network mode" from "GLOBAL" to either "LTE / CDMA" or LTE / GSM / UMTS," depending on your carrier's requirements.

CowboyDon

Jan 7, 2019
Visit site
There is an easy fix. Go to settings. Then open "mobile networks" and after that, change yous setting under "Network mode" from "GLOBAL" to either "LTE / CDMA" or LTE / GSM / UMTS," depending on your carrier's requirements.

Jarispe33

Jan 9, 2019
Visit site
Re: Outgoing calls failing (+) plus sign added to incoming numbers in call log

I found what I think is the problem in my phone. I went to dialer and pressed menu(3bars @ top right) and went into settings and scrolled down to more settings and scrolled down and noticed I had 1 in front of 2 of the 3 #s I recognized to be my area code. So I edited it and entered my full 3 digit area code