Verizon Note 2: Outgoing calls failing (+) plus sign added to incoming numbers in call log

co24

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
All incoming calls in Verizon note 2 come with plus sign on front of area code. If I try to call it won't go through, It recently started doing this. I even did a factory reset and nothing, please help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited by a moderator:

MercuryStar

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Outgoing calls failing (+) plus sign added to incoming numbers in call log

Sounds like a carrier issue. On a mobile phone "+" is the equivalent of your international dialling prefix. If you start a number with "+" you need to follow it with the international country code, then the rest of the number as if dialling internationally (it's safe to do this even with local numbers; you won't be charged an international call cost).

If incoming calls have a "+" at the start but don't have a valid international dialling code (eg "1" for the United States) preceding the rest of the number, then it sounds like a bug with the carrier.

rsadalarasu

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

Did you ever got this problem resolved? I m in the same boat :(:'(

nlitenme

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

This is just a guess, but...

Go into your Dialer, tap the Menu button, go into Call settings, then under Other call settings, do you have U.S.A. listed under both Current country & in the Assisted dialing settings?

Sent from T4 in my N2

ameenhack

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site

Did you ever got this problem resolve this thread im in the same boat :(:

Duard

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi, ameenhack. Please clarify, are you seeing the plus without the 1 in the incoming call log for numbers that are found in your contacts, for numbers that are not found in your contacts, or both?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Try disabling assisted dialing

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

domush

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the same boat, using at&t with straight talk. All incoming calls have a + in front of the area code (without a 1). This only happens to incoming calls. The call log shows outgoing calls just fine, no + in front.

I've tried assisted dialing settings, changing countries, changing roms. I'm at my wit's end. I need to be able to call people back!

yolanda Mak

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Same problem here. i called Samsung they said its network issue & I should contact AT&T. Per AT&T, technical support for phone not purchased from them is limited. Does anyone have solution to this problem? pls help.

galaxys5question

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,

Have you fixed the problem? I have the same issue and the carrier can not figure out what to do. I have done factory reset, and still the problem is there.

prepaidguy9081

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Phone
Phone settings
Advanced phone settings
Auto areacode

Is this on or off, mine is off, no issues

Tmobile note ii, unlocked, cricket wirless (att mvno), jedix20 rom, android 4.1.2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

Kenny McDonald

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
I found this issue to be a pain in the you know what and struggled to fix this issue for a few months. I finally fixed it today and thought I would share my fix.
Go to Settings > Call> other call settings> Assisted dialing.
Select the settings and delete all the details. Then toggle to off. Works on my Verizon Note 2 running AT&T Sim card through Straight Talk;)

myrealtygal

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
"Go into your Dialer, tap the Menu button, go into Call settings, then under Other call settings, do you have U.S.A. listed under both Current country & in the Assisted dialing settings?"

Thank you, thank you! All better now.....

sangleweb

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
It does not work for me either :(
This one is driving me crazy. Prefixer does not work either. Always the + before each incoming number.

Samsung Note 3 900V...ex-Verizon phone on Cricket (ATT) network.

I am having the same issue with not just Note 2 but all the VZ Samsung using Straight Talk AT&T sims card. But when I put on VZ LG, iPHone or Droid Turbo phones, the incoming calls coming as as expected. Prefixer works ok but still not for replying text and incoming still has a plus. My test case includes VZ Note 3 - having plus but AT&T Note 3 does not which tells me Samsung somehow detects it's a foreign SIMs and automatically add the plus sign.

cganesh

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
Using VZ note 2 with ATT sim. Prefixer works to remove the + sign as long as you allow the Prefixer program to pop-up to show "call being handled by prefixer" before answering the call. I also had to add a third party answering service program since the existing one was tied to VZ service. Using InstaVoice which works great. On calls that get answered by InstaVoice the + sign still comes up on the missed call number. I have just gotten accustomed to doing a quick save of the missed call number if person left a message and not in my contact list. Once in contact list, remive the + and re-save. I don't seem to have any issues with + once the caller is in my contact list. Good luck. I was also not able to get my hotspot to work due to issue in a program that loads at bootup. Installed FoxFi and paid their fee once I tested it and found it worked. I am on a data plan with ATT that allows tethering and hotspot use so I'm legal with ATT. Thinking about changing to Straight Talk but getting the SIM that is Verizon network. Hoping some stuff might work better back on a Verizon network.

Posted via the Android Central App

NalaSweet

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
Download an app called prefixer then open app and manually add rule to reject enter \+ it works!!!!!! Make sure to add rule to incoming and out going

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad