Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon Note 2: Outgoing calls failing (+) plus sign added to incoming numbers in call log

All incoming calls in Verizon note 2 come with plus sign on front of area code. If I try to call it won't go through, It recently started doing this. I even did a factory reset and nothing, please help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-09-2014 at 11:49 AM.

Default Re: Outgoing calls failing (+) plus sign added to incoming numbers in call log

Sounds like a carrier issue. On a mobile phone "+" is the equivalent of your international dialling prefix. If you start a number with "+" you need to follow it with the international country code, then the rest of the number as if dialling internationally (it's safe to do this even with local numbers; you won't be charged an international call cost).

If incoming calls have a "+" at the start but don't have a valid international dialling code (eg "1" for the United States) preceding the rest of the number, then it sounds like a bug with the carrier.

Default Re: Outgoing calls failing (+) plus sign added to incoming numbers in call log

Did you ever got this problem resolved? I m in the same boat
    Thanked by:
    domush 

This is just a guess, but...

Go into your Dialer, tap the Menu button, go into Call settings, then under Other call settings, do you have U.S.A. listed under both Current country & in the Assisted dialing settings?

Sent from T4 in my N2

Did you ever got this problem resolve this thread im in the same boat :

ROM
    Stock

Question Re: Verizon Note 2: Outgoing calls failing (+) plus sign added to incoming numbers in call log

Hi, ameenhack. Please clarify, are you seeing the plus without the 1 in the incoming call log for numbers that are found in your contacts, for numbers that are not found in your contacts, or both?

Default Re: Verizon Note 2: Outgoing calls failing (+) plus sign added to incoming numbers in call log

Try disabling assisted dialing

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Default Re: Verizon Note 2: Outgoing calls failing (+) plus sign added to incoming numbers in call log

I'm in the same boat, using at&t with straight talk. All incoming calls have a + in front of the area code (without a 1). This only happens to incoming calls. The call log shows outgoing calls just fine, no + in front.

I've tried assisted dialing settings, changing countries, changing roms. I'm at my wit's end. I need to be able to call people back!

Same problem here. i called Samsung they said its network issue & I should contact AT&T. Per AT&T, technical support for phone not purchased from them is limited. Does anyone have solution to this problem? pls help.

Hi there,

Have you fixed the problem? I have the same issue and the carrier can not figure out what to do. I have done factory reset, and still the problem is there.

Hi there,

Have you fixed the problem? I have the same issue and the carrier can not figure out what to do. I have done factory reset, and still the problem is there.

Phone
    Phone settings
    Advanced phone settings
    Auto areacode

Is this on or off, mine is off, no issues

Tmobile note ii, unlocked, cricket wirless (att mvno), jedix20 rom, android 4.1.2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4