Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default How to transfer notes from iPhone 4 iOS6 to Samsung Note 2?

    Hey guys I just got the Note 2, managed to transfer contacts, sms, pictures, calendar entries, but not the notes in my old iPhone 4 iOS6. The notes in my gmail account are available in the iPhone, but I want to transfer the notes in the phone over to the Note 2. Please do not suggest mailing one by one, there are about 100 of them.

    Any suggestion or feedback is most welcomed
  2. #2  

    Default Re: How to transfer notes from iPhone 4 iOS6 to Samsung Note 2?

    I don't believe this can be done. I had to manually copy mine. However you could make that process easier on yourself by using a PC and loading up both Apple iCloud notes and Google Keep web pages and copying them across.

    Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Sent from my Alienware M17X laptop - ooh look at the pretty coloured lights!
  3. #3  

    Default Re: How to transfer notes from iPhone 4 iOS6 to Samsung Note 2?

    Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver7 View Post
    Hey guys I just got the Note 2, managed to transfer contacts, sms, pictures, calendar entries, but not the notes in my old iPhone 4 iOS6. The notes in my gmail account are available in the iPhone, but I want to transfer the notes in the phone over to the Note 2. Please do not suggest mailing one by one, there are about 100 of them.

    Any suggestion or feedback is most welcomed
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Flowers View Post
    I don't believe this can be done. I had to manually copy mine. However you could make that process easier on yourself by using a PC and loading up both Apple iCloud notes and Google Keep web pages and copying them across.

    Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Hello,
    Is the Apple iCloud ~ Google Keep a complete manual process ? Did it solve your problem ?

    I made the same shift a month back, and used Samsung Smart Switch (i think thats what the name is, forgive me if it is something slighly dif), and got contacts (minus the contact pic, thought i worked out a way around to get the Iphone contact pic as well you too might find find this missing) and all. But the itunes backup had Notes in it, but Smart Switch didnt pick it up.

    Backed on my week long Googling and furum hunting, i say the best way is to start using EverNote. A cloud based, cross OS note taking app.

    I started with it by
    - setting up Evernote desktop software.
    - importing my notes from ms outlook.
    - installing Evernote on my new Note 2

    Now S Notes and Sync with Evernote, so do that and all your Iphone notes will be in S Notes.

    Also beening synced with Evernote will help if you decide to change to another OS again .

    Hope you get your problem solved

    Edit - this will get all your 100+ notes in a go
  4. #4  

    Default Re: How to transfer notes from iPhone 4 iOS6 to Samsung Note 2?

    SmartSwitch did the trick both for my Note 2 and my wife's Galaxy S3 - done on a Macbook Air for me and a Macbook Pro for her.

    Posted via Android Central App
  5. #5  

    Default Re: How to transfer notes from iPhone 4 iOS6 to Samsung Note 2?

    Quote Originally Posted by DrSavant View Post
    SmartSwitch did the trick both for my Note 2 and my wife's Galaxy S3 - done on a Macbook Air for me and a Macbook Pro for her.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Good to know...
    I hope that solves all / most of your handaet shifting issues
  6. #6  

    Default Re: How to transfer notes from iPhone 4 iOS6 to Samsung Note 2?

    Quote Originally Posted by Somdk View Post
    Good to know...
    I hope that solves all / most of your handaet shifting issues
    I can't say it was much of a pain - I did mine last year, and finally convinced the wife to give up her iPhone a couple of month ago her only gripe was losing Whatsapp chat history - it was too complicated to move over (although I actually extracted all of it, and have it on her mbp)

    Posted via Android Central App
  7. #7  

    Default Re: How to transfer notes from iPhone 4 iOS6 to Samsung Note 2?

    Whatsapp has detailed faq on exporting chat history on its website (i think so, if i not conpletely wrong).

    Good to know .
    Enjoy Android

    Posted via Android Central App
  8. #8  

    Default Re: How to transfer notes from iPhone 4 iOS6 to Samsung Note 2?

    same problem here. just demoted my iphone 4 running ios5 in favor of a note3. ran smartswitch and everything came over except the notes.

    one other question, what *IS* the note app on the note3? maybe they did transfer and i'm just not opening the app?????

    I have action memo (nothing transferred over to it). i don't see another note-type app on the device.

Similar Threads

  1. Worth The Upgrade from Original Razr Maxx?
    By Joe378 in forum Motorola Droid MAXX
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-01-2013, 11:22 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-28-2013, 07:59 AM
  3. Reverting to Talk and old Maps after flashing 4.3 image
    By mr_wendal in forum Nexus 4 Rooting, ROMs, & Hacks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-26-2013, 09:49 AM
  4. How to root HTC Sensation on Mac
    By JhonnyBoi in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-26-2013, 08:27 AM
  5. samsung microsd 32gb problems with reading
    By Guduru Karthik in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-26-2013, 08:01 AM

Posting Permissions