[How To] Send sms to 20+ people on stock Note 2 sms app.

Somdk

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Forgive me if i have named the thread the reverse way. But i actually need help here.

Currently i can select around 20 or so people while sending a group sms...and well i need to send to more people i have to repeat the sending process twice or twrice. Also while sending these sms, the sms lags for a couple of seconds. Is there another way of doing it ? While being on the stock app only ? Also, if not, which is the best, safe, sms app that i can use ?

Thank You in advance :)

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Forgive me if i have named the thread the reverse way. But i actually need help here.

Currently i can select around 20 or so people while sending a group sms...and well i need to send to more people i have to repeat the sending process twice or twrice. Also while sending these sms, the sms lags for a couple of seconds. Is there another way of doing it ? While being on the stock app only ? Also, if not, which is the best, safe, sms app that i can use ?

You can probably setup your contacts into a group and send the message to that particular group and have the message sent to those contacts. If the stock messaging app does not have this feature then any of the popular messaging apps should do this or not limit you to a number of recipients: handcent, go sms, chomp sms among others that are available in the Play Store.

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site

You can add all the people into a group so that you can directly send the group an sms if you need to. It's better than selecting one by one whenever you want to send out an sms.

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Alternatively, you can also use other messaging apps like WhatsApp or Line if you want the message to send out quickly.

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Somdk

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
You can probably setup your contacts into a group and send the message to that particular group and have the message sent to those contacts. If the stock messaging app does not have this feature then any of the popular messaging apps should do this or not limit you to a number of recipients: handcent, go sms, chomp sms among others that are available in the Play Store.

Let us know how it goes.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

On, gave it a try. Not working. Like when i try to create a new sms and go into contacts, its not allowing me to select more than 10 contacts. So i go over and create a contact group and add around 22 people in that group. Now when i then go to select that group from new sms, a list is displayed with 22 names of the list....and again i am to select just 10 names from it. So i guess i will have to do with this way only right ? I dont want thrid party sms apps as really dont fully trust them....what do you say ?

Thanks

Somdk

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Just a shot in the dark but do you have Group Messaging Checked ON in you sms menu?

Thanks for the suggestion, but i checked. There is no as such option for enabling or disabling group sms in the sms setting of my Note 2. :(

Double0EK

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Heres how mine looks. But im using Tweaked Rom with SGS4 MMS app. So it might look different.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1375848807582.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375848807582.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 7

Somdk

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
There is no such option for enabling Group Sms....just 10 people ? Thats a good feature i think...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz