Is it possible to fix my GN2 - Black screen but perfectly working phone (pls help)

snaffo

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I am a new user here on this site and was hoping to gain some knowledge on fixing my galaxy note ii.

I was out one night and my GN2 slipped out of my pocket and dropped to the floor. The battery and case were both detached and as soon as i placed everything together, the phone wouldn't turn on. However, after charging it for about a couple of hours - the phone miraculously turned on again.

*****The catch is that, the screen is entirely black - not cracked but just pitch black.****

BUT - The startup music works, the menu/return soft keys work on the phone, the phone vibrates when I take the S-PEN out. The menu/return soft keys light on when I press the lock button and fades when I press it again. Everything internally seems alright, just the screen is completely black and no response whatsoever.

It charges perfectly as well so I summarized that it must be a display card problem, but what kind?

Is there an easy way to fix it at a local repair shop - such as finding a new display card to replace?

Thank You!

Last edited:

NoNexus

May 10, 2013
Visit site
It sounds more like a loose connection than a real break. I would say that a repair shop should be able to take care of it rather quickly, I would see if your carrier has a repair center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21