1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do I stop downloaded files from going to the internal memory?

I'd like downloaded items to save to a "Downloads" folder on my SD card. (not rooted). Possible?
    Samsung Note 2

Global Posts
    13,870 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: How do I stop downloaded files from going to the internal memory?

Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    I'd like downloaded items to save to a "Downloads" folder on my SD card. (not rooted). Possible?
    If I had to guess, I would say no. You can try going into My FIles, and press menu. See if there is a setting to change desired location.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

Look in the application you are doing the download with.
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.

My files: http://www.appbrain.com/user/bclinge...the-htc-evo-4g

Are you talking about items downloaded from a browser? I know some browsers (such as dolphin browser) give you the option of changing the download location.
    Dumbphones>Treo 650>Apache>Mogul>Raphael>Palm Pre>Samsung Epic 4g>Evo 4g>Epic 4g Touch>GSM Galaxy Nexus>Galaxy S3 + Nexus 4
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yes, I have a number of browsers and browser downloads are high on my list of apps I'd like to automatically re-direct downloads to the SD card. I'll look at my Dolphin installation...
    Samsung Note 2
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

OK. found the setting in Dolphin to re-direct. thx. Also found setting in Next Browser. Sure would like to redirect from StumbleUpon! the workaround of opening a link from SU to a browser is worse than just periodically going into Explorer on my PC and mass-moving a bunch of stuff that has gotten saved to internal storage.
    Samsung Note 2

periodically going into Explorer on my PC and mass-moving a bunch of stuff
    My apologies if you already know this, but there are a bunch of file explorers in the Android market that will allow you to move these files without going to your computer. I currently use ES file Explorer.

nb
    Dumbphones>Treo 650>Apache>Mogul>Raphael>Palm Pre>Samsung Epic 4g>Evo 4g>Epic 4g Touch>GSM Galaxy Nexus>Galaxy S3 + Nexus 4

I dont really recall but i just know i tried to download a picture file with the default browser and it went to a folder called Download in ExSdCard under My Files.....

Did it happen because i had went like - My Files - Settings - Bottom section options - Set Document Directory - which i had defined to the a folder called Download under Sd card.....

Any opinion ? Anybody ?

Posted via Android Central App
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Biggnaa20 View Post
    My apologies if you already know this, but there are a bunch of file explorers in the Android market that will allow you to move these files without going to your computer. I currently use ES file Explorer.

nb
    Yes, I have ES File Explorer as well as OI File manager, but I'd like to not have to keep moving things.
    Samsung Note 2
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by Somdk View Post
    I dont really recall but i just know i tried to download a picture file with the default browser and it went to a folder called Download in ExSdCard under My Files.....

Did it happen because i had went like - My Files - Settings - Bottom section options - Set Document Directory - which i had defined to the a folder called Download under Sd card.....

Any opinion ? Anybody ?

Posted via Android Central App
    I tried setting each and every item in My Files to the extSDCard. For any files I download from apps such as Flipboard, they still go to the internal storage. Seems the only way I can get things to download where I want them is to use apps that explicitly allow us to set the download folder.
    Samsung Note 2

Yes, I have ES File Explorer as well as OI File manager, but I'd like to not have to keep moving things.
    Ok, Good! I think I must have misread one of your messages. I thought you only used the computer to move files. Did using Dolphin Browser fix your issue?