Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Do you have screen protectors on your Galaxy Note 2?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

19 73.08%
  • NO

7 26.92%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Do you have screen protectors on your Galaxy Note 2?

Just a quick poll....

Do you have screen protectors on your Galaxy Note 2?

Thanks for your help!

Default Re: Do you have screen protectors on your Galaxy Note 2?

I did when I had one because my original Note II had a few scratches within days. I kept it in a separate pocket and everything. After months my screen protector (iSmooth brand) was in pristine condition.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4
    DAS

Global Posts
    1,092 Global Posts

Not me. I have had my Note 2 since launch day on Sprint back November of last year.

No screen protector because I like to see the beauty of the display unhindered. I'm glad to say that I also have no scratches on it either.

When the Note 3 lands I will get one, and again with no screen protector.

Posted via Android Central App

I have had one on here since I have got the Note.
    No screen protector is too wild for me.
    Currently I am using the iShieldz clear screen protector and I don't even notice any difference from how it is without a protector on it. I much rather replace $20 screen protector, then replace the whole screen.

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 2!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I suppose screen protectors are like condoms.... always put one one... better safe than sorry?

Yes. I have one for my Note 2. It has matt non glosy finish to it.

Sent using AC Forums mobile app

I didn't bother initially, as I'd been used to iPhone 5 which was super scratch proof. Few weeks with note 2 and a small scratch on screen, got myself a protector

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4
    Sent from my Alienware M17X laptop - ooh look at the pretty coloured lights!

I've been using an Empire Premium Tempered Glass screen protector and I definitely like it better than the Ghost Armor screen protector. Awesome protection, great feel without any hindrance to the touch screen, and it was super easy to install.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4
    _X_

Global Posts
    638 Global Posts

Off and on. My screen protectors keep in coming off. When the fall off, I have gotten several scratches on my phone. The note tends to scratch a little more than my original galaxy s, So they are with the money.

Quote Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
    Off and on. My screen protectors keep in coming off. When the fall off, I have gotten several scratches on my phone. The note tends to scratch a little more than my original galaxy s, So they are with the money.
    What kind of screen protectors are you using?
    I used to always buy cheapo ones. Then I decided to go nuts and buy a $25 iShieldz one. In the end I think those are better. Cost more, sure. But they come with a warranty, and are actually a lot easier to put on.

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 2!
    _X_

Global Posts
    638 Global Posts

I bought a $25 one the first time and it came off in a week. The others have been 3 for $10 from Amazon, but $25 at stores. I don't know if it's me or the phone, but I've never had this kind of trouble with other phones.

Global Posts
    6,096 Global Posts

I've been an off and on user of screen protectors, but because of the size of the screen I felt I had to with the Note. I use the iSmooth protector -- something of a b!tch to put on, but it has proved virtually invisible to the sight and to the touch.

I'm glad I did because even though I used the Samsung OEM bumper case, for some reason the back of my Note 2 has gotten a few slight nicks. Easier to replace the battery cover than the screen, though.
    Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910A stock 4.4.4
    Nexus 10 stock 5.0.1
    Galaxy Gear NF1
    Oster 4093 blender (rooted, Espolón Reposado ROM)
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by JasW View Post
    I've been an off and on user of screen protectors, but because of the size of the screen I felt I had to with the Note. I use the iSmooth protector -- something of a b!tch to put on, but it has proved virtually invisible to the sight and to the touch.

I also use the iSmooth protectors. The easiest way to put it on is to do it in a hot steamy bathroom. (especially after you've taken a long shower) The steam will prevent dust particles from ending up on the phone. Just align the protector and it goes on very easily. I've done this for my last 6 or 7 phones.

Global Posts
    1,511 Global Posts
    ROM
    JEDI MASTER

1st Note 2 no and *smash* when dropped. 2nd Note 2 yep. Third note 2 yep. Whatever BestBuy sells... $25 bux worth every penny!!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app
    so little to learn and so much time - wait.....reverse that.....

No screen protector, never used them on any of my devices as I prefer to use the screen naked. But I compensate for it by being extremely OCD. So much so my screens don't even get fingerprints on them.

I had AT&T install my screen protector. Great for no scratches.

Never used one on my note 2 but did on past phones. The screen just feels so better naked. Also I'm not sure how tune s pen works with a screen protector. If I did use a screen protector then I would probably use one of the tempered glass ones but I've had my note 2 since launch day and have no scratches so I'm not worried.

Posted via Android Central App

I originally used Zagg-like screen protectors. I finally used the cheap one that came with my $5 phone case and it's been history. I love it.

Sent from Galaxy-Note... The 2nd One!

Yes I smooth

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AC Forums mobile app
    Nexus 6
    prior phones(LG G3,LG G pro,note 2, note,skyrocket,vivid,atrix,aria,backflip)

I use the crappy Verizon one. Mainly because they install it free. It is worth it, because I drop my note 2 probably once a week or more.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by rich250 View Post
    Yes I smooth

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AC Forums mobile app
    I'm using an iSmooth screen protector on my Note II as well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    msndrstood likes this.

I had one installed the moment I bought it before they even setup the device in the store. I've had them on every device I've ever used since my first PDA 15 years ago. I cheap protector is better insurance than a repair. Screen protector and case for every portable device.
    Thanks

JTMcD.
    We sleep Peaceful in our beds because Rough Men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm............George Orwell
    The object of life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, 'Holy S@!t, What a Ride!!! -- Mavis Leyrer

First galaxy note 2 I had, had no screen protector. Dropped it a week in and well the screen didn't shatter but it got a few scratches on it. So went to my carrier and did a doa. The second note I got me an ishieldz.... Used it and it started to peel so I did a warranty replacement in store, did that twice. Then got tired of ishieldz and used the one that came with my otterbox commuter. Could not stand the rainbow effect so I ended up getting a zagg for 10 dollars. Hated how the s-pen made indentations in it so ordered some from exian.... Those scratched so badly so finally I ordered citigeeks screen protector. 3 for 4.99 and free shipping off of eBay. Been using the same one since I put it on 3 weeks ago and hasn't gotten a scratch on it. Do yourself a favor and check them out. Very good quality.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 4

I have been using ghost armor for quite some time now. Better than anything zagg has put out.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4

no screen protector.... no problems....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast