Came back to the Note 2

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
So I had the note 2 for a few months after the release. With all the new phones coming out each month I got curious. After a few trial phones I got the galaxy s4. I was excited about the camera and features and a 5 inch 1080p screen seemed like what I was looking for. So when I got the s4 I noticed the lagg I was reading about. But with developers edition tweaked and nova launcher prime that was a non issue for the most part. When I held the phone I noticed it was no bigger than the s3. I soon found the features were fun at first but rarely used them and the note 2 already had most of these features albeit the s pen. I was kinda disappointed in the size of the phone with a 5 inch screen. I thought it would be closer to the note size. In the end the note was perfect size for me and in comparing the screen displays the s4 was sharper but not by much. And the note 2 even with a slower processor was a lot faster at about everything even the gallery was smooth. So in the end I'm glad I made the switch back and by no means is the s4 a bad phone just not for me. I'm waiting to see what the note 3 will bring.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AC Forums mobile app

bigkid666999

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
When I bought my Note 2, I had choose between the best large screen available (HTC One) and the larger screen, removable battery and SD card slot (Note 2).I chose the bigger screen and bought the Note 2,AMOLED are for indoor use only. So I'm going to get the One Max the second it becomes available.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 4

mrscaston30

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I had an iphone for years and wanted to try something different so I did the s3 foe four days and hated it because it kept restarting at random times. Then I went to the htc one and absolutely loved it until I dropped it once and broke the screen and now no one but the manufacturer can fix it. That was a major downfall for me otherwise I would still use it. The note 2 is hands down a solid phone and I love it. I should have switched sooner.

Posted via Android Central App

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
When I bought my Note 2, I had choose between the best large screen available (HTC One) and the larger screen, removable battery and SD card slot (Note 2).I chose the bigger screen and bought the Note 2,AMOLED are for indoor use only. So I'm going to get the One Max the second it becomes available.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 4

I don't know about that. The Note 2's display is fine outdoors. Make sure you out auto brightness on or put the screen on 100% if you have to. I keep my display settings on Natural, turned off auto change screen tone to save battery and keep my brightness at 25% unless I go outdoors in the sunlight. Then I just turn on auto brightness and can see the display just fine.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I have to say I haven't had much of a problem with the notes screen in sunlight like I did with the s4. Maybe its just the bigger display. Idk

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AC Forums mobile app

will_solo

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I have problems in direct sunlight, and I can barely see the screen. I have to shade the phone in order to see what's on the screen. My GF has this issue with her S3 as well.