Phone restarts instead of switching off

anon7992443

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Hello there!

That's mainly the issue: I press the power button and get the phone to switch off. Soon after it just restarts and is on again... How can I fix this without having to take off the battery?

Thanks!
Fabio

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello there!

That's mainly the issue: I press the power button and get the phone to switch off. Soon after it just restarts and is on again... How can I fix this without having to take off the battery?

Thanks!
Fabio

Welcome to the forums!
Are you trying to lock the screen or switch the phone completely off?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

anon7992443

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
nope..
it took me ages to get it into recovery mode as the initial logo (not the samsung but the note 2 gt7100) kept appearing in repetition.
Wiped the cache but again it's restarting instead of shutting down....annoying as I'd like to recharge it quickly..

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
nope..
it took me ages to get it into recovery mode as the initial logo (not the samsung but the note 2 gt7100) kept appearing in repetition.
Wiped the cache but again it's restarting instead of shutting down....annoying as I'd like to recharge it quickly..

I am currently out of ideas. Sorry.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

anon7992443

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
no worries, thanks for your help. I've read that the power button might get stuck and the only solution is to smash the phone on the table but.. it doesn't work.. uless I have to break either phone or table to achieve this result.

I hope someone knows something more.

Thank you again!

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
no worries, thanks for your help. I've read that the power button might get stuck and the only solution is to smash the phone on the table but.. it doesn't work.. uless I have to break either phone or table to achieve this result.

I hope someone knows something more.

Thank you again!

Bummer my suggestion didn't work. Hope to see you more in the forums.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Brendan McGowan

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey Fabio

Don't bang your phone! Apparently its to do with Motorola updating the boot animations to a christmas theme - I'm sure they'll sort it out!

Brendan

Martynas Simkus

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
How are you mate :) probably you dont need this answer by now when 2 years have past since you placed this question but here it goes ;) i had the same problem with Samsung Galaxy S3 just now and what i did is just that ive connected so samsung kies and reinstalled newest firmware and its back to normal ;) so one solution would be just flash the phone :) hope this answer will be useful to someone ;):cool: