Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Notifications Problem

I've just switched to a Note 2 from an S2, and I'm having trouble setting up the notifications the way I'm used to. I'm not the most technically minded but I'm hoping someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong!

On my S2 I used to get notifications in the bar for everything - Twitter, Facebook, Gmail, SMS etc, and on the Note it's just not working as I expected. Twitter doesn't do anything in the bar at all, and in an attempt to stop the screen waking every time I get an SMS, I seem to have turned off the LED completely. I've installed Handcent and Light Flow and played around with them to try and get around it, but I'm thinking something's combined in all of these settings that's broken it.

What I want, is the LED to flash when the screen's off, a notification to appear in the bar and the screen not to wake up whenever anything happens. Can anyone give me a bluffer's guide to doing that either through apps or settings, or at least tell me what my options are without rooting? If it's relevant, I'm in the UK and I bought it unlocked.

Thankyou!

Default Re: Notifications Problem

The notification light is under system in your settings. Also turn auto sync on and your notifications should show up.

Posted via Samsung S3
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Sorry, should have said. Sync and the LED Notification checkbox are already turned on, it just doesn't appear to actually be doing it.

Oh well thanks for that info. Let me see what I can do.

Posted via Samsung S3

It looks like your best bet at this point is to backup everything and do a factory reset.

Posted via Samsung S3
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I'm inclined to agree.

Assuming I do that and fix my LED issue, do you know of a way to stop the screen waking when I get an SMS?

If u did the reset it would fix all of it.

Posted via Samsung S3
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Ok. Thought that might just be a new Android thing. Thanks for your help

No problem let me know if the reset fixes it because I don't see y it wouldn't.

Posted via Samsung S3
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Ok, I think the reset's fixed everything apart from the screen waking when I get a text. I'm gonna have to learn to live with that aren't I.

I use Handcent, do you have this box unchecked in notification settings?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Notifications Problem-uploadfromtaptalk1378137978310.jpg  
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

I've got rid of Handcent because I wasn't sure if that's what screwed it up in the first place. I don't know what I did but I couldn't get that and LightFlow to work together.

Lightflow at times can be a little fickle, maybe try them one at a time to see if problem still exists.