I CANNOT call my husband! when I do it's like he has blocked me, but he hasnt. HELP

brefaywell

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
we both have blocking mode OFF. Neither my husband nor I have anyone on our contact list
blocked. he somehow, a few weeks ago, blocked me, but has since turned it off. but I CANNOT
call him still! When I do, it rings one and a half times, then goes to his voicemail. im getting
extremely pissed that I cannot even call my own husband. help me, please???

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: I CANNOT call my husband! when I do its like he has blocked me, but he hasnt. HELP

Welcome to Android Central! Yikes, that problem sounds like it could become the premise of some bad comedy based on misunderstandings. Wireless providers often provide a way to block numbers as well (i.e., apart from a setting on the phone), so call your wireless provider or check your accounts on the web to see if either of your numbers are blocked in the system.

wtom

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: I CANNOT call my husband! when I do its like he has blocked me, but he hasnt. HELP

Go to phone app, click menu, settings... check call rejection lists if you have this feature... on his phone that is.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4

brefaywell

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

B.-Yeah, it's a little silly, and we have been the center of a few laughs. But it really is Frustrating! haha
I did do what you said; called att, they have no clue what I'm talking about, AND, you have to pay extra on your plan to have them block numbers, which I would never do! :)

wtom- I wish the solution were as easy as that. We have turned on then off, added and deleted, and done everything you could think of multiple times. ugh!

Now what....

Thank you though, B. Diddy, and wtom, for tryingtohelpmeout. :)

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site

Hi brefaywell. Try the following.

1. Go to your phone dialer.
2. Hit the menu button and choose "call settings".
3. Check the call "rejection setting" and see if his number is listed.
4. If you don't plan on rejecting calls, turn the setting off.

Keep me posted.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2

wtom

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site

Now what....

You're very welcome! If you're able to pop your SIM card into another phone and call your husband then, does his phone reject your call?

What if you both tried different devices at same time?

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site

Go to phone app, click menu, settings... check call rejection lists if you have this feature... on his phone that is.

Well darn. I didn't see your post. I'm sorry.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

B.-Yeah, it's a little silly, and we have been the center of a few laughs. But it really is Frustrating! haha
I did do what you said; called att, they have no clue what I'm talking about, AND, you have to pay extra on your plan to have them block numbers, which I would never do! :)

wtom- I wish the solution were as easy as that. We have turned on then off, added and deleted, and done everything you could think of multiple times. ugh!

Now what....

It's worth trying a cache partition wipe, which erases temporary system data from the system cache. Follow the instructions for "Wipe Cache Partition" here:

Reset: Samsung Galaxy Note II | T-Mobile Support

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

Where is he when your trying to call him? I think you may want to god seen what he is up to. Must be a reason why he is rejecting your calls. When I get a call I don't want to answer I just swipe the call right to voice mail. Sounds fishy to me,, good luck.

IT'S TRUE,, SIZE IS EVERYTHING!

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site

Where is he when your trying to call him? I think you may want to god seen what he is up to. Must be a reason why he is rejecting your calls. When I get a call I don't want to answer I just swipe the call right to voice mail. Sounds fishy to me,, good luck.

IT'S TRUE,, SIZE IS EVERYTHING!

Well there's an angle I hadn't considered. Lol.

shrubr

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, check reject settings. Then smack him around a few times...... ;)
Good luck with it.

brefaywell

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

wow! we're both going to try the cache clear in
just a bit. Will let y'all know how that goes! Thanks B!

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

Has the mystery been solved? :)

brefaywell

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
NOPE! What tha h*ll, man. This really is getting old. Every single time I need to get a hold of my husbsnd, I have to text to him, "Call me!"
Ok, so when I DO try to call him, it rings one and a half times, then to his voicemail. We BOTH have blocking mode: OFF. We also each have nobody on our reject list. We both have tried the cache clear, to no avail.
I'm ready to throw this thing out the window while flying down 75. :) Not really, just kidding. Well, kinda... l

Could I just possibly have a lemon? Now that would really just fit right in to my life...

Last edited by a moderator:

jharo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

Could I just possibly have a lemon? Now that would really just fit right in to my life...

I don't think so. I have a co-worker who had that same thing happen. This happened when he had OG droids. It most likely is a carrier issue.

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site

Not sure if you're rooted? If so, flash a custom ROM and see if that works.

If you're not rooted, do a factory reset. Make sure you back up your data before trying either.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

NOPE! What tha h*ll, man. This really is getting old. Every single time I need to get a hold of my husbsnd, I have to text to him, "Call me!"
Ok, so when I DO try to call him, it rings one and a half times, then to his voicemail. We BOTH have blocking mode: OFF. We also each have nobody on our reject list. We both have tried the cache clear, to no avail.
I'm ready to throw this thing out the window while flying down 75. :) Not really, just kidding. Well, kinda... l

When I did a search for "verizon change number of rings before voicemail," I found a few threads where people said they were able to change the number of rings before going to voicemail by calling the service agent. Not sure if it's even possible to go down to 1.5 rings, but try calling your wireless provider and ask them specifically if they're able to adjust the number of rings before going to voicemail.

nitahicks87

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

Hello bre. I too came across this Problem with my husband on thursday, only I cant CALL OR TEXT HIM. I have to call my mother in law and have her call him so he can call me! So consider yourself lucky! lol. Did you every find a solution!???? We are with verizon and they tried EVERYTHING! He has the galaxy note 2 and i have galaxy s3. Im soooo*pissed!