What makes my Note 2 stops charging?

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I plug my Galaxy Note 2 up overnight to charge. There are times when I wake up the next morning and my battery is only around 30-40%. I look at the battery stats and see that it was charging for a brief period, then stopped. Some nights it will charge to 100%, and there are times when it stops charging in the middle of the night.
Does this happen to anyone else? I'm not sure what's causing this.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

mufaddal.ezzi

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I never had this problem.. but what i suggest is either to change the charging unit or the charging port is loose..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

Hasbrobot

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Same thing happened to mine and my wife's. It was strange they both started doing it around the same time?

It wasn't until further examination that I realized both chargers were faulty. I replaced them but it still doesn't seem to charge quite like normal but it was at least charging to 100 percent again. As of right now we both gave up on the Samsung chargers and each use our nexus 7 chargers and they charge in normal time again. Just my 2 cents good luck!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Same thing happened to mine and my wife's. It was strange they both started doing it around the same time?

It wasn't until further examination that I realized both chargers were faulty. I replaced them but it still doesn't seem to charge quite like normal but it was at least charging to 100 percent again. As of right now we both gave up on the Samsung chargers and each use our nexus 7 chargers and they charge in normal time again. Just my 2 cents good luck!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4

I may give that a try.
If I use the same charger to charge my 2nd battery using the Samsung external charger, it'll charge the battery to 100% with no problem. Most times it charges my Note II just fine, but every now and then it does not. I also noticed a lot of activity under the Awake section of my battery stats. Not sure if it's an app that's causing the issue.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I may give that a try.
If I use the same charger to charge my 2nd battery using the Samsung external charger, it'll charge the battery to 100% with no problem. Most times it charges my Note II just fine, but every now and then it does not. I also noticed a lot of activity under the Awake section of my battery stats. Not sure if it's an app that's causing the issue.

Sounds like a bad charger. I had that same problem with my Rezound and it was the charger

sent from my amazing Note2

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
When I have the issue something is constantly cycling awake mode. My phone has been charging for 6 hours, and the battery has only gone from 30% to 50%. Can't find out what's running in the background. Tried finding it in GSam battery monitor app, but it's not showing up.

qazy5e4a.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1379577787269.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379577787269.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 7