Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Charging Problem in Samsung Galaxy Note 2

I bought a Note 2 before one week ago, and from first day I am getting the charging problem. Actually it is going to take 7 to 10 hours for charging 100% . And today I am facing another new problem ...It is showing 85% charge at all, There is no improvement, but still charging, and has been gone 8 hours.

Please any suggestion for me ?

Could anyone tell me ! basically, how much time does "Note 2" need for charging full ?

Thanks in advance.

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

Default Re: Charging Problem in Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Bout 3 hours to chargw full. Basically you need to go into that battery manager to see what ia using the most power. Most likely you have sync turned on and basically every other option on as well. Take a screenshot of the power page and post it on here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

I have a Note 2. With the same problem. It start about 2 weeks ago. I think after a update.

My phone only will charge up to 56% at night. It wont go over that percent. Also the charging is very slow. I have 5 batterys that I tryed chargin on my phone and the same thing.
    Then I have a external battery charger and the batterys charged to 100% fine.

Seems maybe the port/phone is not pulling enough power to chargr it to 100%.

Does anyone know how to reset the battery log? I remember doing something like this acouple yrs ago on my old phone.

this is pissing me off alot.
    Hope to find the problem

Sent from my Verizon Note 2.SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums .

I have the same problem after updating to 4.3

I had the same problem on my old s3, so when I bought a new charger, everything was normal.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

Mine charges at 0.7% per minute. I did a test of airplane mode charging using the Samsung AC charger with my timer set for 10 mins and I went up 7% in that time frame! I have tested it several times since and that rate has held true!

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

I also experienced slow charging with my 1 year old Note 2. Just night I changed the stock cable and the charging time is back to normal now. I don't know the reason but that's what I experienced.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by executiveg View Post
    I have a Note 2. With the same problem. It start about 2 weeks ago. I think after a update.

My phone only will charge up to 56% at night. It wont go over that percent. Also the charging is very slow. I have 5 batterys that I tryed chargin on my phone and the same thing.
    Then I have a external battery charger and the batterys charged to 100% fine.

Seems maybe the port/phone is not pulling enough power to chargr it to 100%.

Does anyone know how to reset the battery log? I remember doing something like this acouple yrs ago on my old phone.

this is pissing me off alot.
    Hope to find the problem

Sent from my Verizon Note 2.SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums .

You need a new charger. Mine has gone through about 2 chargers in less than a year.

The prongs on the bottom of ur phone are probly bent bend them back up gentle

It's the cable issue... change it and it will be fine

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffery Lutge View Post
    The prongs on the bottom of ur phone are probly bent bend them back up gentle

Thank you!! That was the fix

sent from my galaxy note 2

Hello, I encounter a very strange charging problem on my Galaxy 2 note.
    I have the phone about a year and I love it but since a month now it starts giving me problems with charging.

Te problem:
    The led indicator goes from FULL bright to HALF bright and the charging gets sometimes very SLOW.
    Though it also happens that the led is half bright but the charge is normal (at least my charging current app tells me so)

I tried:
    to change the cable with several others.
    to change the charger with another.
    Cleaned the battery contacts.
    All with no change.

What helps occasionally:
    Removing and re-plugging the charger after several seconds
    Closing (standby) and turning back on the phone.
    Changing to another wall outlet helps also occasionally (possibly because of the delay).

If it wasn’t for the times the phone is on charge all night but leaves the battery empty in the morning I would say the LED is faulty, but I am sure this is not the case.

The only possible reasons I can still come up with are a charging processor problem, or the micro USB inlet plug of the phone being faulty.

I’ll be delighted to hear from someone with the same experience or someone having the solution to the problem.