4.3 update for note 2

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
An update would be great. Would he the life of this phone last even longer.
Dare I say we will get some new SPen features? That would be awesome!

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 2!

ImmaGhost

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I've heard October for not only the Note 2 but the S4 as well. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

They claim November or december because "they want the gn3 to have 4.3 exclusively for a little while before they release it." Ya I know....pretty lame to me

Sent from my SPH-L900 using AC Forums mobile app

Tysonsaurus

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
An update would be great. Would he the life of this phone last even longer.
Dare I say we will get some new SPen features? That would be awesome!

Supposed to get same features as gn3.

Posted via Android Central App

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
They claim November or december because "they want the gn3 to have 4.3 exclusively for a little while before they release it." Ya I know....pretty lame to me

Sent from my SPH-L900 using AC Forums mobile app

If you were Samsung, wouldn't that seem reasonable to you?? ie, just one more reason for Note 2 owners to consider upgrading their device. It wouldn't sway me, but it might sway others and that seems like a perfectly legitimate ploy IMO.

indysteve9

May 8, 2011
Visit site
An upgrade to 4.3 would be very nice. However the improvements of the Note 3 are not enough to get me to upgrade my phone. I'll wait for the next iteration of the Note. Note 4 is the one I'll opt for as my new phone. Unless someone comes along with something that blows the Note 4 out of the water.

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
An upgrade to 4.3 would be very nice. However the improvements of the Note 3 are not enough to get me to upgrade my phone. I'll wait for the next iteration of the Note. Note 4 is the one I'll opt for as my new phone. Unless someone comes along with something that blows the Note 4 out of the water.

Yeah, this is my thought as well. The Note 2 can easily last until the Note 4 comes out. Especially if we do get some of the features that the Note 3 comes with.
Same goes for the S series as well. My wife has the S3, and as the S4 is a great phone, she can easily wait for the S5 to upgrade.
That is one thing I like about Samsung devices. The lifespan is actually manageable.

Chris Flowers

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I thought about getting Note 3 but I'm now wondering if they'll release this F series that's rumoured. Maybe we'll see a Note 3 under that umbrella i.e. with metal case etc.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I thought about getting Note 3 but I'm now wondering if they'll release this F series that's rumoured. Maybe we'll see a Note 3 under that umbrella i.e. with metal case etc.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4

That would be slick. I am also curious what this curved display will be all about.

philmair

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
4.3 ??? I'm still on 4.1.2 with my Note 2. And it says I have the latest version installed.

Maybe we missed out on 4.2 in the UK ... which may not be a bad thing given several issues I've had with my Note 8.0 after upgrading to 4.2.2.

With previous OS/Manufacturers used to always take updates as soon as they were available, but I'm a little more cautious now as it seems impossible to get any feedback to, or fixes from, Samsung.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
4.3 ??? I'm still on 4.1.2 with my Note 2. And it says I have the latest version installed.

Maybe we missed out on 4.2 in the UK ... which may not be a bad thing given several issues I've had with my Note 8.0 after upgrading to 4.2.2.

With previous OS/Manufacturers used to always take updates as soon as they were available, but I'm a little more cautious now as it seems impossible to get any feedback to, or fixes from, Samsung.

Relax. USA here, Verizon, version is 4.1.2 just like yours. :)

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Samsung has said in the past the the Note 2 and the S3 are going to skip the 4.2 update and go right to 4.3

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Samsung announced that the note 2 will get it in October. Problem is, how long will Verizon postpone it

sent from Galaxy Note 2

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Samsung announced that the note 2 will get it in October. Problem is, how long will Verizon postpone it

sent from Galaxy Note 2

Yeah, that's pretty much the problem with everyone having to rely on carriers. I despise it. I remember back in the day when I was with Crappy MTS, waiting for a update on my BBRY was a joke. They rarely ever came.
I hate how carriers have to get there fingers into everything.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer