Why don't the capacitive buttons work with the S Pen?

captainkirkw

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have only had my Note 2 for a couple of months and I really like it, but I find it odd that the capacitive buttons don't work when touched by the S Pen. I bought a Note 8 soon after and that fubction does work on it so why not on the Note 2?

If I read correctly, it does not work on the Note 3 either. Just seems like Samsung would make that tge same across all if the Note models.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app

rockrchic923

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I had the note 2 before buying the note 3 and touching the capacitive buttons didn't work on mine either with the spen. I can say that the capacitive buttons do work on the note 3 with the spen. Not sure why it never worked on the note 2 though. Hopefully you find the answer here

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

StealthTH

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
If I remember right, with the note 2's success, this became the #1 requested issue which is why after the note 2 this feature is present. It is a hardware issue I believe so the note 2 won't be receiving this in an update

Posted via Android Central App

captainkirkw

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. Good to know that it works with the Note 3. I need to find that review and let them know. Too bad it is a hardware design with the Note 2.

Ronnie Jordan

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I suspect Verizon dumbed it down on the note 2 to motivate the note 3 purchase carriers are notorious for this

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX