Google Play Music Anytime Anywhere - Stock Rom Note 2, <Android 4.3
As you would know Google launched it's own Music streaming service in UK 2 months ago.This music streaming app from Google saves music files on your phone's internal memory, for offline listening, and not on the microSD card in your phone that you may be using for additional storage.
As and when you may start using this service (depending upon when it is available in your region), you may want to do the following before downloading any music from Google Play Music App on your phone (CARE: make sure that your phone is rooted before you start with Step 0):
0. Open ROM Toolbox (not working properly on leaked Android 4.3 JB) > Root Browser
1. Make a folder in your desired location (extSdCard) called "Music>files".
2. Tap and hold 'files', then select the option "Create Shortcut" at the bottom
3. Navigate to /data/data/com.google.android.music/
4. Paste (to create the shortcut)
5. Delete the "files" folder in this directory
6. Rename the shortcut that you have created to "files"
The above will ensure that your phone's internal memory is used for installing new apps while all the music (data) is saved on your phone's external microSD card. Otherwise, depending upon the size of your downloads, you will very quickly run out of internal storage space on your phone, much needed for its smooth operation.
Re: Google Play Music Anytime Anywhere - Stock Rom Note 2, <Android 4.3
Thanks for sharing.
From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app