Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - Finally found a fix for not receiving MMS pictures

mrscaston30

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I hope this helps someone else because as much as I love my note 2, I was ready to run over it with my car. It just randomly stopped receiving or sending MMS with pictures and I thought it was the wifi/data enabled-disabled issue but that didn't work for me because I hardly ever use wifi. So I did a lot of searching and found a fix that worked for me. First let me say I am using goSMS and I would switch back and forth between the native messaging app and goSMS and I had the same issue with both.

The fix I found online suggested going to:

Settings
More settings
Mobile Networks
Access Point Names

once in there you should see something that says ATT Phone, if you have ATT service. Hit the left soft key at the bottom of the phone and click on reset to default. I then did a restart and I was able to send and receive MMS messages. All is well in the world again.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: Finally found a fix for not receiving MMS pictures

Glad you fixed it, and thank you for posting the suggestion if someone else runs into this.

I'm curious though what the setting was originally before you reset it to default (if you know)

mrscaston30

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site

Glad you fixed it, and thank you for posting the suggestion if someone else runs into this.

I'm curious though what the setting was originally before you reset it to default (if you know)

I can't say for sure because I didn't take a screenshot of the page but whatever it was, I didn't touch it so to my knowledge, it was the setting that was originally set when I purchased the phone because it worked just fine until maybe a week or so ago and it's working just fine now after the reset.

Mustachio

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site

My SMS works only when I have mobile data enabled (Verizon). It doesn't work over wifi. Any way to make it work over wifi?

Gbsa

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site

My SMS works only when I have mobile data enabled (Verizon). It doesn't work over wifi. Any way to make it work over wifi?

Only if both parties use something like heywire, that's how my daughter and I send pics to each other. That will work over wifi

sent from my fabulous galaxy note 2

johnct

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site

Thanks heaps! Worked for me. Originally it only listed Telstra Internet under APNs but has now added Telstra MMS

rusty502

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

Only if both parties use something like heywire, that's how my daughter and I send pics to each other. That will work over wifi

sent from my fabulous galaxy note 2

SMS depends on your voice signal, not data, so it will not work without a network connection to your carrier, something like BBM or whatsapp will work over wifi, but the other party would have to use it also.

Sean Delevan1

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
DISREGARD. I FOUND AND CHANGED THE SETTINGS TO DEFAULT.

I will update if it actually works

SO DID IT WORK?

No. Video is too large for MMS.

THIS IS A 14 SECOND VIDEO.....AUGHHHHHH

I have been searching far and wide and this sounds like it might actually work but because I have a Galaxy 5 I cannot find the place to adjust the settings cause my layout is different.

Anyone know how I might get there?

Please bear with me. I have just broken free from being a slave to Apple.

Last edited:

Lawrence Clarke

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
mrscaston30 You ROCK!! Thank you so much for posting this. I've been p1553d off about this for a while now. Your suggestion made me look like a genius to my daughters! Cheers!!
:D Clarke

Kate Wickham

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
See older post that had the following. I couldn't reply to it to say it worked so am doing new post. My setting already showed ATT as default, but hitting the menu key at the bottom of phone and clicking on reset to default seems to have fixed it. STRANGE FYI it wasn't that I missed pictures - I couldn't open any MMS messages.

Settings
More settings
Mobile Networks
Access Point Names

once in there you should see something that says ATT Phone, if you have ATT service. Hit the left soft key at the bottom of the phone and click on reset to default. I then did a restart and I was able to send and receive MMS messages. All is well in the world again.

P Mo1

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
Thank you!! I had just moved to a new network and my mobile data just would not kick in. Switched my SIM to my husband's phone and he was able to pick up data so tried all the usual checks but no luck until I searched and found your wonderful post and it fixed my problem. Very grateful that you posted :)
P

Sandy Dunnam

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I have a Note II AT&T phone , I switched my service to Net10 which I've had for about 1.5 years. I've never had a problem with pictures or video download. This morning my daughter sent some pictures and I can't open them. since I have Net10 service and not AT&T I'm afraid to reset to factory. Please help!

supreme83

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
resetting the APN setting to default is what they are referring to above. It should be fine since Net10 is an ATT MVNO but just to be safe, search for the Net10 APN befroe hand in case you have to manually enter it

lyricalministry

Feb 3, 2017
Visit site
I hope this helps someone else because as much as I love my note 2, I was ready to run over it with my car. It just randomly stopped receiving or sending MMS with pictures and I thought it was the wifi/data enabled-disabled issue but that didn't work for me because I hardly ever use wifi. So I did a lot of searching and found a fix that worked for me. First let me say I am using goSMS and I would switch back and forth between the native messaging app and goSMS and I had the same issue with both.

The fix I found online suggested going to:

Settings
More settings
Mobile Networks
Access Point Names

lyricalministry

Feb 3, 2017
Visit site
OMG thank you so much! My old galaxy note 2 always sent MMS but I had to get a new one after several years and I was like you... i loved it but wanted to toss it over a cliff because I was so frustrated!

Your suggestion worked like a charm! Thank you Thank you and Thank you again! Life is worth living again lol

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01