Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - Finally found a fix for not receiving MMS pictures

I hope this helps someone else because as much as I love my note 2, I was ready to run over it with my car. It just randomly stopped receiving or sending MMS with pictures and I thought it was the wifi/data enabled-disabled issue but that didn't work for me because I hardly ever use wifi. So I did a lot of searching and found a fix that worked for me. First let me say I am using goSMS and I would switch back and forth between the native messaging app and goSMS and I had the same issue with both.

The fix I found online suggested going to:

Settings
    More settings
    Mobile Networks
    Access Point Names

once in there you should see something that says ATT Phone, if you have ATT service. Hit the left soft key at the bottom of the phone and click on reset to default. I then did a restart and I was able to send and receive MMS messages. All is well in the world again.

Default Re: Finally found a fix for not receiving MMS pictures

Glad you fixed it, and thank you for posting the suggestion if someone else runs into this.

I'm curious though what the setting was originally before you reset it to default (if you know)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
    Glad you fixed it, and thank you for posting the suggestion if someone else runs into this.

I'm curious though what the setting was originally before you reset it to default (if you know)
    I can't say for sure because I didn't take a screenshot of the page but whatever it was, I didn't touch it so to my knowledge, it was the setting that was originally set when I purchased the phone because it worked just fine until maybe a week or so ago and it's working just fine now after the reset.

My SMS works only when I have mobile data enabled (Verizon). It doesn't work over wifi. Any way to make it work over wifi?

Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    My SMS works only when I have mobile data enabled (Verizon). It doesn't work over wifi. Any way to make it work over wifi?
    Only if both parties use something like heywire, that's how my daughter and I send pics to each other. That will work over wifi

sent from my fabulous galaxy note 2

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post

Thanks heaps! Worked for me. Originally it only listed Telstra Internet under APNs but has now added Telstra MMS

Quote Originally Posted by Gbsa View Post
    Only if both parties use something like heywire, that's how my daughter and I send pics to each other. That will work over wifi

sent from my fabulous galaxy note 2
    SMS depends on your voice signal, not data, so it will not work without a network connection to your carrier, something like BBM or whatsapp will work over wifi, but the other party would have to use it also.

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - Finally found a fix for not receiving MMS pictures

Whoops , I was replying to Mustachio.....

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - Finally found a fix for not receiving MMS pictures

OmG! You saved me! AWESOME tip! It worked! !

DISREGARD. I FOUND AND CHANGED THE SETTINGS TO DEFAULT.

I will update if it actually works

SO DID IT WORK?

No. Video is too large for MMS.

THIS IS A 14 SECOND VIDEO.....AUGHHHHHH

I have been searching far and wide and this sounds like it might actually work but because I have a Galaxy 5 I cannot find the place to adjust the settings cause my layout is different.

Anyone know how I might get there?

Please bear with me. I have just broken free from being a slave to Apple.

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts

Hmmmm... My "reset to default" is grayed out.... and I'm on Verizon...

mrscaston30 You ROCK!! Thank you so much for posting this. I've been p1553d off about this for a while now. Your suggestion made me look like a genius to my daughters! Cheers!!
    Clarke