- 363 Posts
How to delete files from a failed App download
HI. I starts to download the new Thor game on my unrooted Note 2. When I started I had about 2GB free. It filed in the middle of the download with an inusfficant storage error.
Now my N2 is showing 500 MB free, and the app isn't showing up in the list of installed App. Play store also doesn't show it as installed. I tried rebooting to get Androind to delete the data file, but I am still at 500 MB.
Does anyone know where the install files are kept, and/or how I can delete them?
- 11-02-2013, 11:35 AM #2
- 7,969 Posts
- Stock Moto X
Re: How to delete files from a failed App download
One thing to keep in mind, these files we all download from Play are technically .zip files. Even though it says an app is xx MB or xx GB, it will be bigger once installed.
If all else fails, you can do a factory reset. That will clear out all your apps and allow you to start over.
If I helped you, Pay it Forward....
Current Devices: Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Retired Devices: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch)
Traded Devices: Galaxy S3
- By pazzah in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 3Last Post: 11-05-2013, 12:08 AM
- By tkao2025 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 1Last Post: 11-03-2013, 07:48 AM
- By kb1123 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 4Last Post: 11-03-2013, 12:09 AM
- By thegame161 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 0Last Post: 11-02-2013, 11:03 AM
- By sang vu hoang in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Google EditionReplies: 0Last Post: 11-02-2013, 10:54 AM