4.3 update rolling out to the international as of today

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
According to the article, the international versions started getting the update yesterday so it really could be at any time.

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Guess I'll just be patient then. It's not like I havnt had to be anyway lol. I hope it doesn't ruin my phone like it did those poor gs3 owners. :-(

Posted via Android Central App

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Sprint is rolling theirs out now. And there is a difference between the S3 update which is a Qualcom soc and the note 2 which is the Samsung Exynos soc.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Right. I sometimes forget that not everyone roots their device. Best of luck to you.

Yah, unfortunately you have to root to stop the OTA updater (a major reason I root all my devices as I want full control over the process). Wish Android gave us more/better control regarding the OS update process like they do with app updates (ex. you can turn off app updates if you want). :(

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Right. I sometimes forget that not everyone roots their device. Best of luck to you.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
I root my devices too. I haven't seen an OTA in years.....lol

Yah, unfortunately you have to root to stop the OTA updater (a major reason I root all my devices as I want full control over the process). Wish Android gave us more/better control regarding the OS update process like they do with app updates (ex. you can turn off app updates if you want). :(
It would be awesome if you could check of a box so it doesn't keep asking you to update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton