Results 1 to 22 of 22
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By vpblaze
  • 1 Post By vpblaze
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    vpblaze's Avatar

    Posts
    301 Posts
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts

    Default Galaxy Note 2: How to Downgrade to 4.1.2?

    With the recent update to 4.3 I find myself hating my Note 2.
    Plain and simple, is it possible to downgrade to 4.1.2? If so, how?

    Thanks

    Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk 4
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-18-2014 at 12:26 PM.
    Thanked by:
    Ramanpreet Brar likes this.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: How to Downgrade to 4.1.2?

    You can do it via ODIN. You have to download it,you also need to find your carriers version of 4.1.2, download it and unzip it.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: How to Downgrade to 4.1.2?

    Sorry,that description was kinda vague. Trying to type this on my daughters phone is killing me. Soon as my laptop is charged,I'll add a link to show you step by step.
  4. #4  
    gdanonym's Avatar

    Posts
    82 Posts
    Global Posts
    388 Global Posts

    Default Re: How to Downgrade to 4.1.2?

    Quote Originally Posted by vpblaze View Post
    With the recent update to 4.3 I find myself hating my Note 2.
    Plain and simple, is it possible to downgrade to 4.1.2? If so, how?
    I don't have an answer, and i'm interested in it.
    But i am really curious, why you now hate the Note 2.
    Do you have bugs, battery problems, slowness of the Note?
    Or don't you like the new functions, like the new s-pen functions, handwriting keyboard, ect???
  5. #5  
    gdanonym's Avatar

    Posts
    82 Posts
    Global Posts
    388 Global Posts

    Default Re: How to Downgrade to 4.1.2?

    Here is an instruction of the ODIN method:

    [Guide][Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    vpblaze's Avatar

    Posts
    301 Posts
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts

    Default Re: How to Downgrade to 4.1.2?

    Thanks for the info guys! Will look into that method. Chustle, do you have a different link to?



    Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk 4
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    vpblaze's Avatar

    Posts
    301 Posts
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts

    Default Re: How to Downgrade to 4.1.2?

    Quote Originally Posted by gdanonym View Post
    I don't have an answer, and i'm interested in it.
    But i am really curious, why you now hate the Note 2.
    Do you have bugs, battery problems, slowness of the Note?
    Or don't you like the new functions, like the new s-pen functions, handwriting keyboard, ect???
    Honestly, I am not liking a lot of the things that have changed.
    Getting rid of the dark theme in the email app, new lock screen, no news ticker on the lock screen. Getting rid of borders and such throughout the menus, folders, etc.
    A lot of the icons, settings, menus and interactions seem to be more bubbly. Almost feels like a kids toy now.
    Lock screen doesn't have a swipe to bring up the pin pad. No more apps on the bottom row of the lock screen. As soon as you turn on the lock screen the number pad comes up. That's it. It honestly feels like a **** iPhone screen.
    With the recent update, my SwiftKey keypad doesn't Vibrate when typing anymore. This is my biggest disappointment right now. I suck at typing now.
    Some widgets look like a 4 year old created them.
    In the end, it is still a good phone, and honestly, I don't know why I updated. I was happy with 4.1.2. I had no problems with it. It's nice having some new features now like Knox. But not worth the features that I lost. And if I can figure out how to downgrade, I will be happy again.

    Thanks for the help!

    Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk 4
  8. #8  

    Default Re: How to Downgrade to 4.1.2?

    Quote Originally Posted by vpblaze View Post
    Honestly, I am not liking a lot of the things that have changed.
    Getting rid of the dark theme in the email app, new lock screen, no news ticker on the lock screen. Getting rid of borders and such throughout the menus, folders, etc.
    A lot of the icons, settings, menus and interactions seem to be more bubbly. Almost feels like a kids toy now.
    Lock screen doesn't have a swipe to bring up the pin pad. No more apps on the bottom row of the lock screen. As soon as you turn on the lock screen the number pad comes up. That's it. It honestly feels like a **** iPhone screen.
    With the recent update, my SwiftKey keypad doesn't Vibrate when typing anymore. This is my biggest disappointment right now. I suck at typing now.
    Some widgets look like a 4 year old created them.
    In the end, it is still a good phone, and honestly, I don't know why I updated. I was happy with 4.1.2. I had no problems with it. It's nice having some new features now like Knox. But not worth the features that I lost. And if I can figure out how to downgrade, I will be happy again.

    Thanks for the help!

    Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk 4
    I feel your pain and need to seriously start doing something to totally avoid this update. On a related note, I sent Pandora a terse email telling them how much I detest their new application icon LOOKING LIKE IT WAS DESIGNED FOR IOS!! I mean, jesus, this is Android. Why in the helll do we have to put up with those lame FLAT icons that Apple has fallen in love with (Ivy to blame for that??).
    Samsung Note 2
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    vpblaze's Avatar

    Posts
    301 Posts
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts

    Default Re: How to Downgrade to 4.1.2?

    Yeah sometimes change isnt always for the best.


    Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk 4
    1812dave likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    vpblaze's Avatar

    Posts
    301 Posts
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts

    Default Re: How to Downgrade to 4.1.2?

    Quote Originally Posted by chustle925 View Post
    You can do it via ODIN. You have to download it,you also need to find your carriers version of 4.1.2, download it and unzip it.
    I have not been able to find the Rogers Wireless 4.1.2 carrier version any where. Anyone have any ideas?


    Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk 4
  11. #11  
    tony bag o donuts's Avatar
    Resident Ringtone Maker

    Posts
    3,902 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,011 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

    Default Re: How to Downgrade to 4.1.2?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    I feel your pain and need to seriously start doing something to totally avoid this update. On a related note, I sent Pandora a terse email telling them how much I detest their new application icon LOOKING LIKE IT WAS DESIGNED FOR IOS!! I mean, jesus, this is Android. Why in the helll do we have to put up with those lame FLAT icons that Apple has fallen in love with (Ivy to blame for that??).
    same with the dropbox icon....hideous.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: How to Downgrade to 4.1.2?

    Quote Originally Posted by tony bag o donuts View Post
    same with the dropbox icon....hideous.
    oh, I'd forgotten that one. I complained about it also to the developer. My complaint is based on the fact that I get used to an icon and don't appreciate a substantial change to the look (they reversed the colors) as we all use the visual appearance of an icon in order to find it, if we aren't going off of position-on-screen of said icon. All in all, i think it's a waste of their time to pay someone to screw around with the graphics of app icons and a disservice to their customers.
    Samsung Note 2
  13. #13  

    Post Re: How to Downgrade to 4.1.2?

    i m also suffering with problem ,
    after update my note 2 with 4.3 , i hate my note 2,
    bcoz 4.3 keep slow my note 2
  14. #14  

    Default Re: How to Downgrade to 4.1.2?

    hi dear
    please call me on 98729-44429, bcoz i m also suffering with same problem ,earlier somthing problem in my note then i submitted service center and samsung service center update my note 2 with 4.3, but i don't like, i gave them my phone back for downgrade to 4.1.2, but they refuse it, so i m going to consumer to complaint against samsung, why they updated with 4.3 .
  15. #15  

    Default Re: How to Downgrade to 4.1.2?

    Quote Originally Posted by vpblaze View Post
    Honestly, I am not liking a lot of the things that have changed.
    Getting rid of the dark theme in the email app, new lock screen, no news ticker on the lock screen. Getting rid of borders and such throughout the menus, folders, etc.
    A lot of the icons, settings, menus and interactions seem to be more bubbly. Almost feels like a kids toy now.
    Lock screen doesn't have a swipe to bring up the pin pad. No more apps on the bottom row of the lock screen. As soon as you turn on the lock screen the number pad comes up. That's it. It honestly feels like a **** iPhone screen.
    With the recent update, my SwiftKey keypad doesn't Vibrate when typing anymore. This is my biggest disappointment right now. I suck at typing now.
    Some widgets look like a 4 year old created them.
    In the end, it is still a good phone, and honestly, I don't know why I updated. I was happy with 4.1.2. I had no problems with it. It's nice having some new features now like Knox. But not worth the features that I lost. And if I can figure out how to downgrade, I will be happy again.

    Thanks for the help!

    Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk 4
    You're over exaggerating I feel.

    You do know you can now add a whole host of news related tickers and widgets to the lock screen now?

    Also the app shortcuts on lock screen are still there. You just needed to enable them again after the update.

    You've also not got the lock screen security set up the way you want it. It is still possible to swipe to bring up pin pad.

    The Samsung widgets were God awful on 4.1.2 to be fair. As you say, like a child designed them.

    One thing I dislike though about the new lock screen is you cannot have any form of security such as pattern or pin and have multiple widgets enabled at same time.

    It's a pity on the whole, that Samsung's software and hardware departments do not sing from the same hymn sheet. Software is their weakest point. Great hardware though.


    Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
    Sent from my Alienware M17X laptop - ooh look at the pretty coloured lights!
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  
    vpblaze's Avatar

    Posts
    301 Posts
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts

    Default Re: How to Downgrade to 4.1.2?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Flowers View Post
    You're over exaggerating I feel.

    You do know you can now add a whole host of news related tickers and widgets to the lock screen now?

    Also the app shortcuts on lock screen are still there. You just needed to enable them again after the update.

    You've also not got the lock screen security set up the way you want it. It is still possible to swipe to bring up pin pad.

    The Samsung widgets were God awful on 4.1.2 to be fair. As you say, like a child designed them.

    One thing I dislike though about the new lock screen is you cannot have any form of security such as pattern or pin and have multiple widgets enabled at same time.

    It's a pity on the whole, that Samsung's software and hardware departments do not sing from the same hymn sheet. Software is their weakest point. Great hardware though.


    Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
    No, I am not exaggerating.

    I have tried everything I can with the pin pad. Explain to me how I can get lock screen widgets, and swipe to unlock with the PIN pad?

    Samsung "fixed" a lot of things that weren't broken on the 4.3 update.

    Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
  17. #17  

    Default Re: How to Downgrade to 4.1.2?

    If anyone uses a secure lock screen (ie. PIN, password, etc), they lose all lock screen functions. The widgets, tickers, etc. can only be used with swipe unlock. I also use PIN and there is no way of enabling other lock screen functions when it is present. The only time you get to swipe around the lock screen is if there is a notification. Otherwise, I can't do squat with the lock screen.

    In 4.1.2, the user can enable both swipe and secure lock. This enabled full lock screen available with swipe (tickers, app shortcuts, etc). They removed this from 4.3.

    Also removed S Pen options in default keyboard (stroke/complete recognition, recognition time, stroke thickness)

    Can't change the 'Hi Galaxy' command in S Voice.

    Wake commands found in lock screen can only be used with swipe lock screen (no secure locks) - no longer in S Voice options

    No pop up browser
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  
    vpblaze's Avatar

    Posts
    301 Posts
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts

    Default Re: How to Downgrade to 4.1.2?

    No pop up browser was a big downer for me. It was a great way to read news articles while I was browsing through Twitter. I say I probably used it at least 25-50 times a day!

    Sent from my ballin Tab 3 using Tapatalk
  19. #19  

    Default Re: How to Downgrade to 4.1.2?

    Anyone have this problem? Galaxy note 2.. After update to 4.3 the stock photo gallery is useless. I used to be able to shrink the photo tiles by pinching. This would make smaller tiles of three across the screen. This would allow for quicker scrolling through the gallery. Now there is only the large tiles. Scrolling is slow and often crashes
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Galaxy Note 2: How to Downgrade to 4.1.2?

    Quote Originally Posted by vpblaze View Post
    No, I am not exaggerating.

    I have tried everything I can with the pin pad. Explain to me how I can get lock screen widgets, and swipe to unlock with the PIN pad?

    Samsung "fixed" a lot of things that weren't broken on the 4.3 update.

    Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

    I completely agree, and on top of it my Note 2 slowed down a lot, under any usage scenario.
    It's ridiculous, some applications now take even 2 seconds before opening after tapping on them.

    I'm going to downgrade mine as well.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Galaxy Note 2: How to Downgrade to 4.1.2?

    I am the same way i hate the new update! i used to boast about how good this phone was and now i use it for nothing more than watching YouTube videos, since the update the camera quality has decreased so much i feel like its only 3 MB. Very frustrating i also am looking into rolling back the update.
  22. #22  

    Thumbs down Re: Galaxy Note 2: How to Downgrade to 4.1.2?

    all those functions and more even the the s pen became very bad during writting its something like magnet and giving hazzy writting its so bad .. and the more bad thing this fast battery discharging its really avery criminal work as they distroy this huge battery to force everyone to replace it very soon correct or not ,,

Similar Threads

  1. HTC ONE - Unable to connect to PC
    By Bills555 in forum HTC One
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-08-2013, 11:17 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-27-2013, 11:43 PM
  3. HELP!!! What to buy. Detailed description in post
    By LeeHudson in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-27-2013, 07:32 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-27-2013, 06:27 PM
  5. How do I flash a rom on galaxy s3?
    By lmroks in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-27-2013, 08:40 AM

Posting Permissions

B