Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mumfoau
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Message issue.....

Switched from an iPhone 5 on yesterday. Now, my wife can't send me messages. She's deleted our existing message thread. She's changed my number from iPhone to mobile in contacts. I've shut off iMessage on all my apple devices and even reset my Apple ID password. When she attempts to send me a message it still shows up in her phone as a new iMessage and will only send when she forces it through as a text.

Help Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Global Posts
    1,544 Global Posts

Default Re: Message issue.....

Quote Originally Posted by mumfoau View Post
    Switched from an iPhone 5 on yesterday. Now, my wife can't send me messages. She's deleted our existing message thread. She's changed my number from iPhone to mobile in contacts. I've shut off iMessage on all my apple devices and even reset my Apple ID password. When she attempts to send me a message it still shows up in her phone as a new iMessage and will only send when she forces it through as a text.

Help Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I can relate. She can't reach you and thinks you're not responding quick enough?

Seriously, though. Have you tried power cycling her iPhone? That might help clear out any residual details from the prior configuration.

I recall seeing similar situations like yours in other threads. If I run across them, will update here.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Dog5000 View Post
    I can relate. She can't reach you and thinks you're not responding quick enough?

Seriously, though. Have you tried power cycling her iPhone? That might help clear out any residual details from the prior configuration.

I recall seeing similar situations like yours in other threads. If I run across them, will update here.
    Thanks Dog! I'm having her delete my contact info altogether now to see what happens.... and that didn't work either

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Update ..

I think we got it licked! She didn't have the send as SMS turned on in her message settings. Since enabling that, several test messages have been successful!

Trees likes this.

I understand turning on the sms on the apple phone but do you think that a non family member who has a iphone will actuall turn that on . I dont think so. android has to fix this problem with some sort of a work around.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Very true but every other iPhone user I know has been able to text me with no issue!