Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SumthinNew
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Note 2 or Note 3

i would like to buy a note.which one is better Note 3 or Note 2?please advice.

Default Re: Galaxy Note 2 or Note 3

Note 3, definitely! Smaller overall footprint, MUCH better screen, great camera, improved internals, updated software... if you can afford it, totally worth the difference in price. However, if money is a concern, the Note 2 is still a very capable device, just not top of the line anymore.
    Thanked by:

Lots of complaints about battery drain on the 3. I'm upgrade eligible (have the 2 now)but this issue has got me on the sidelines.

Sent from Jesse's new lab.

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts

99% of the time the drain issues are caused by apps. Maybe the first couple builds released have had bugs but my note gets a full day with severely heavy usage (3-4 hrs screen time & a few hrs steaming music with dozens of emails, txt, calls.

Global Posts
    10,401 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Had the note 2 and 3........do you want old or new? Lol.

Global Posts
    388 Global Posts

The note 2 is a very capable device which was the absolute top model of 2012. But still the speed is there with no lags.
    So i guess the question is, would you like to spent 670 euro, or 350 euro for the Note 2. (sorry i don't know the dollar prices).

Personally i went for the Note 2, because the price was too high for the Note 3. For that money i can buy a really good PC. And there is really only 1 functionality i miss on the note 2. Thats when i write something on the s-note, i want to convert it late to text.

Quote Originally Posted by gdanonym View Post
    The note 2 is a very capable device which was the absolute top model of 2012. But still the speed is there with no lags.
    So i guess the question is, would you like to spent 670 euro, or 350 euro for the Note 2. (sorry i don't know the dollar prices).

Personally i went for the Note 2, because the price was too high for the Note 3. For that money i can buy a really good PC. And there is really only 1 functionality i miss on the note 2. Thats when i write something on the s-note, i want to convert it late to text.
    Price certainly makes a difference. Verizon had the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 for $200 with $200 visa prepaid card earlier this month on contract. Seemed like a no brainer to me for those on Verizon.

The Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II was $50 with $200 visa prepaid card on Cyber Monday on contract.

The Verizon Note 3 supports band 4 lte which should give better performance in densely populated areas.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    Note 3, definitely! Smaller overall footprint, MUCH better screen, great camera, improved internals, updated software... if you can afford it, totally worth the difference in price. However, if money is a concern, the Note 2 is still a very capable device, just not top of the line anymore.
    +1
    Definitely does not feel like a "refreshed" Note2.
    SpookDroid likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by SumthinNew View Post
    +1
    Definitely does not feel like a "refreshed" Note2.
    is therea hanging issues in the note 2?have anyone experienced N2 getting restarted?

Quote Originally Posted by Harshuvinod View Post
    is therea hanging issues in the note 2?have anyone experienced N2 getting restarted?
    I had no problems with my Note 2, it was a great device.
    The last 3 months that I was using the Note 2 (before upgrading) I had rooted it with a custom ROM and removed all of the crap bloatware and it was much better in terms of response.

Not only is the battery amazing on the note 3,but the storage is awesome. I had note 2, great device, had its faults but the 3 is a definite upgrade.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    love my evo.

I have the note2. Love it. I have played with the 3. Now I want it. Lol. But my update to 4.3 makes me pleased. It was good before. Best phone ever. Tough choice you are in. Both are excellent. But if I had the option I would go with the note3 simply because its the new version. I have no complaints. Samsung Note category is THE BEST

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Today i am goen to buy the N3!!!
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

kept my wallet in the office..
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

bought the N3...its Fantastic
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Once i felt the internet page got freezed n the IR blaster dosent work on my sony home theater system

I have a sony. surround sound system and the blaster works with it. Have it set up via the watch on app. Cable box, tv, surround sound system,, all controlled with my note 3

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    love my evo.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

I fixed the IR for sony home theater system but the option has vanished from the menu.i only have TV option.i neex to fix it again

Posted via Android Central App

I have had the Note 2 since 2012. There isn't a lot to complain, the biggest problem for me is its low full brightness, at least in summer. Also remember that Note 2 has 720p screen, when the Note 3 has a full HD 1080p display. So if you have the money, of course go and buy the Note 3. The Note 2 ain't bad though at all, if you want to save money. I've passed the Note 3 and think I'm gonna buy the Note 4 for my next phone.

edit: Yeah this was pretty old topic, sorry.
    Last edited by StarkillerFIN; 03-16-2014 at 02:48 AM.