Battery glitch?

jason6677

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Screenshot_2013-12-18-16-47-22.png
I don't know if the 4.3 update has to do with this but my phone was almost dead last night and I was too lazy to get up, so in the morning I turned it off and put the charger in. When I was done showering I came back and the phone went from about 4 percent to 47 percent. I turned it back on and it charged normally, to about 50% till I unplugged it and went to school. All was fine until it was almost dead without any use by the end of the school day. So further investigating I tried it again. My phone was almost dead after school so I turned it off and plugged the charger in. The battery (when the phone is off) shows a symbol of about 25%. When I turned it on it had 27% and it was dying quickly once again. What do you think I should do to diagnose this problem?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 97412
I don't know if the 4.3 update has to do with this but my phone was almost dead last night and I was too lazy to get up, so in the morning I turned it off and put the charger in. When I was done showering I came back and the phone went from about 4 percent to 47 percent. I turned it back on and it charged normally, to about 50% till I unplugged it and went to school. All was fine until it was almost dead without any use by the end of the school day. So further investigating I tried it again. My phone was almost dead after school so I turned it off and plugged the charger in. The battery (when the phone is off) shows a symbol of about 25%. When I turned it on it had 27% and it was dying quickly once again. What do you think I should do to diagnose this problem?

I always, always, always do a reset after an update..ALWAYS. Most of the time it clears up any buggy issues.

I would try that and if that doesn't help, get Wakelock Detector from the play store and that will tell you what app is causing the problem.

Posted via Android Central App

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes there are cache files left over in ram or other places that dont quite get erased after an upgrade. You can boot into recovery and do a cache wipe. Reboot to see if your problems are cleared if this doesnt work. Do a complete kies or cloud backup then do a factory reset and restore. Good luck.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

alexlam24

Banned
Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes there are cache files left over in ram or other places that dont quite get erased after an upgrade. You can boot into recovery and do a cache wipe. Reboot to see if your problems are cleared if this doesnt work. Do a complete kies or cloud backup then do a factory reset and restore. Good luck.

A cache wipe won't delete anything right?

Sent from HTC Note Ultra Pro on T-Mobile

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Nope its just data in ram. You could try a cleaner app such as clean master. As far as the cache goes during reboot the OS will reload the cache files necessary for running.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
As a prior root and rom person a cache wipe comes recommended everytime you install a new rom. It just guatantees no files from the previous OS exist along with the new.