Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    gdanonym's Avatar

    Posts
    82 Posts
    Global Posts
    388 Global Posts

    Default Lag turning on screen from deep sleep.

    I finally got the 4.3 update. I really love this version for it nicer colors, better battery, better wifi, better signal, and little faster.

    But only one little anoyance, it takes about 1-2 seconds to turn it on from deep sleep.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Lag turning on screen from deep sleep.

    Thanks to adding to my long list of reasons I don't want this freaking update
    Samsung Note 2
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Lag turning on screen from deep sleep.

    This is driving me crazy. I press either the Home or the Power button and nothing. It's very noticeable.
    Galaxy Note 2 <~ OG EVO 4G <~ HTC Fuze <~ HTC3125 <~ Motorola Something
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Lag turning on screen from deep sleep.

    and to think that some people question me about why I don't want 4.3 as if I'm a heretic. sigh...
    Samsung Note 2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    gdanonym's Avatar

    Posts
    82 Posts
    Global Posts
    388 Global Posts

    Default Re: Lag turning on screen from deep sleep.

    Really you all. For this little thing? While a lot it really better!
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Lag turning on screen from deep sleep.

    Quote Originally Posted by gdanonym View Post
    Really you all. For this little thing? While a lot it really better!
    this is hardly the only issue with 4.3
    Samsung Note 2
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Lag turning on screen from deep sleep.

    Have you tried disabling the swipe on the lockscreen? Try using just pin, pattern or none.

    Sent from my GT-N7100
  8. #8  
    vpblaze's Avatar

    Posts
    308 Posts
    Global Posts
    767 Global Posts

    Default Re: Lag turning on screen from deep sleep.

    It has happened to me as well since I have updated. And I have the pin lock on when I am out of the house and no lock screen when I am home. No matter what there is a delay when waking my screen.
    It feels like time has stopped while I wait for my screen to turn on sometimes.
    Meanwhile my wife with her S4 is pretty much instant....

    On a side note....Dave... We should switch phones! I want 4.1.2 back!!!

    Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk 4
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    gdanonym's Avatar

    Posts
    82 Posts
    Global Posts
    388 Global Posts

    Default Re: Lag turning on screen from deep sleep.

    Quote Originally Posted by HypoDest View Post
    Have you tried disabling the swipe on the lockscreen? Try using just pin, pattern or none.

    Sent from my GT-N7100
    I don't use the lock screen. So this is turned off.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Lag turning on screen from deep sleep.

    Quote Originally Posted by vpblaze View Post
    It has happened to me as well since I have updated. And I have the pin lock on when I am out of the house and no lock screen when I am home. No matter what there is a delay when waking my screen.
    It feels like time has stopped while I wait for my screen to turn on sometimes.
    Meanwhile my wife with her S4 is pretty much instant....

    On a side note....Dave... We should switch phones! I want 4.1.2 back!!!

    Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk 4
    I'm trying to figure out what all I'd have to do to avoid this POS update, besides rooting, which I've never done on any phone...
    Samsung Note 2
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Lag turning on screen from deep sleep.

    I have mine rooted on kit kat and still has the delay

    sent from my note 2 rooted on 4.4 kitkat
    sent from big bad betty the awesome note 2 on 4.3.1 beanstalk
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Lag turning on screen from deep sleep.

    This drives me crazy as well. I had the issue before the update. I was hoping the update would have fixed it. I even did a factory reset, and it still does it.

    Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Lag turning on screen from deep sleep.

    Someone recommend Wake Lock app from the PlayStore, and adjust the setting to Partial_Wake_Lock.
    It keeps the device from going into a Deep Sleep. So far after installing the app, I haven't experienced the lock screen lag.



    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Lag turning on screen from deep sleep.

    So glad I have opted out of updating.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Phone: HTC One M8 (Gunmetal Gray)
    Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013


    http://www.flickr.com/photos/82163524@N05/
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Lag turning on screen from deep sleep.

    Quote Originally Posted by cdf3 View Post
    Someone recommend Wake Lock app from the PlayStore, and adjust the setting to Partial_Wake_Lock.
    It keeps the device from going into a Deep Sleep. So far after installing the app, I haven't experienced the lock screen lag.



    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    While this may help fix the lag one should not being experiencing the lag in the first place. Hopefully a future update fixes it for those who did download the last update.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Phone: HTC One M8 (Gunmetal Gray)
    Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013


    http://www.flickr.com/photos/82163524@N05/

Similar Threads

  1. Galaxy S3 wifi keeps connecting after I turn it off!! Help!
    By usmdesigner in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-05-2014, 01:12 PM
  2. Unread email counter on email Icon
    By dpomerance in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-08-2014, 04:57 AM
  3. Quick access to flashlight + screen brightness tips?
    By Steve Finkelstein in forum HTC One
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-19-2013, 10:55 AM
  4. S4 Caught on Fire during Charging.
    By Alextodd1 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Active
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-19-2013, 08:45 AM
  5. screen shot nexus 10 problem
    By joetheghost in forum Nexus 10 Rooting, ROMs, & Hacks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-19-2013, 08:10 AM

Posting Permissions

B