Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default It's been out a while, do you recommend 4.3?

Hi all,

Happy Holidays

I have been very hesitant to upgrade my Note 2 (Telus) to 4.3 knowing some of the issues and pre 4.3 features people have not appreciated losing.

Now, I know some are going to love the update while some will wish they didn't download it.

Where do you stand? Should I update to 4.3? How is battery life linked to it?

Posted via Android Central App
    Phone: HTC One M8 (Gunmetal Gray)
    Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013

http://www.flickr.com/photos/82163524@N05/

Default Re: It's been out a while, do you recommend 4.3?

Batterylife is great. Have no issues on 4.3 :-)

Happy Holidays :-)

Sent from my GT-N7105 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    480 Global Posts

This is my unscientific evaluation of battery life with 4.3. The first 24 hours after install seemed to drain faster before upgrading but now it has seemed to level off and is draining around the same amount when it had 4.1.2. I did do a complete factory reset and put all my stuff back on from scratch. Overall I am happy with 4.3.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Note 8.0.
    Thanked by:

I had the same experience as ehosey2. The first day or so, it drained faster (had me worried). Now it's about the same. I think it was a mixture of the OS settling in & me playing with it so much. Also, I didn't do a factory reset because everything's running so smoothly.

Sent from T4 in my N2
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I am starting to feel encouraged to update, I have been so worried about it hurting a phone that currently has not one issue.

What are your favorite new features?

Phone: HTC One M8 (Gunmetal Gray)
    Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013

http://www.flickr.com/photos/82163524@N05/

Global Posts
    480 Global Posts

It is faster flicking between screens, the web browser seems faster also. Also the screen is noticeably sharper. And another thing I notice is that the bug was fixed when using the lightflow application where the voice would talk every time a folder would open or close. It now does not do that.

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by ehosey2 View Post
    It is faster flicking between screens, the web browser seems faster also. Also the screen is noticeably sharper. And another thing I notice is that the bug was fixed when using the lightflow application where the voice would talk every time a folder would open or close. It now does not do that.

The screen is sharper. ..RIIIGHT.... oh please get real
    Samsung Note 2

Global Posts
    480 Global Posts

^ I am not the only one who has stated in this forum that the screen seems sharper. The screen characteristics do indeed make the it seem sharper, whether it is the icons that look more refined, the colors being adjusted in the pre-defined settings, or maybe an adjustment in the brightness level. But it does. My wife said the same thing about her Note 2 that it seemed sharper. I am stating my viewpoint so please.....you get real.

Thanked by 2:

I would have to agree, the Note 2 screen does look sharper with the 4.3 update. I think it has to do with the professional photo mode that was added

My idea of sharper is noticeably higher resolution. Failing that let's think of a more suitable term for what you are claiming is increased sharpness. Maybe the icons are rendered at a higher dpi. If that's what it is I say big whoop
    Samsung Note 2

I have been loving the update so far. I was scared of it at first and even rooted my phone to avoid it after reading many people say not impressed with it or having problems with it before Verizon got it. I had to unroot my phone, because I needed the memory on my device back after Twrp took so much space. So decided to take my chances with the update. Glad I did. It's people like 1812dave who made me afraid to take a chance on the update.

1812dave, you have nothing good to say about the update, I get it, but you're in almost every post negating people's positive comments about it. Everyone is going to have a different experience with the update, some good, some bad. So stop trying so hard to bash it. If you don't want the update, don't take it. I swear you sound almost as bad as an Apple Fanboy.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 16GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 16GB
    Thanked by 2:

Im thrilled u like 4.3.

I presume you don't ever use your phone as a hotspot since that is one if the things you can't do using foxfi et al
    Samsung Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by Andy847 View Post
    1812dave, you have nothing good to say about the update, I get it, but you're in almost every post negating people's positive comments about it. Everyone is going to have a different experience with the update, some good, some bad. So stop trying so hard to bash it. If you don't want the update, don't take it. I swear you sound almost as bad as an Apple Fanboy.
    AGREED! Getting tired of trying to follow threads and then 1812dave has to chime in slamming everything good anybody has to say about it, usually in a sarcastic smartass way as well. If you don't like it dave, just sit back and watch as others explain why they do like it.

Dave is right. The screen isn't actually "sharper," but there are some changes in the icons and such that make it appear crisper. There, we'll call it "crisper." LOL!

The OS doesn't really seem much different to me overall. The lock screen is changed, but I liked the old one better. One thing I do really like now is the slow and fast video capture. I only wish it could also capture sound in slow and fast. But still, it's kind of a neat feature that I'm sure I'll get good use out of. Battery life seems about the same to me so far. One thing that concerned be at first was my radio signal seemed very weak, but it seems a bit better now and I'll just have to keep monitoring it. That was one of the best things about this device before, so hopefully they didn't screw it up!

I will definitely have to play around with it more in the next few days.

Global Posts
    480 Global Posts

^Yes...crisper. That is the more appropriate word when describing it. I know the screen resolution itself did not increase but the overall look of the screen did indeed improve after 4.3 based on my unscientific observation.

Yes it did improve the look of the screen and ur is much brighter, something that was needed.

I have an odd thing now..I was having an issue with people hearing me. Took my phone today to to AT&T device center. They didn't have the Carrier Kies update yet, but a rep thought he was going to reflash my phone via their Kies, despite my warnings. Well he bricked my phone. They had to give me a new one and now, no matter the wallpaper I use, my notification bar is transparent on my home screen. Can't figure out why, but I'm not sure yet if I like it or not. See? No black notification bar.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails It's been out a while,  do you recommend 4.3?-1387801047271.jpg  

You can see it better with the default wallpaper.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails It's been out a while,  do you recommend 4.3?-1387801566341.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    Im thrilled u like 4.3.

I presume you don't ever use your phone as a hotspot since that is one if the things you can't do using foxfi et al
    They will get a fix and update their app, this happens with every update.

Im thrilled u like 4.3.

Yes, I used my last phone a GS lll with the Hotspot and Foxfi for when I was out with my Note 8. Now since I have the Note 2, don't need to bring my Note 8 with me everywhere. Besides, as someone said, they'll probably get a fix for it. With every update the carriers try to make things harder for the Consumer, but devs like the guys over at XDA forums usually find a way around them.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 16GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 16GB
    Kelly Kearns likes this.

Global Posts
    440 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BobR1908 View Post
    Hi all,

Happy Holidays

I have been very hesitant to upgrade my Note 2 (Telus) to 4.3 knowing some of the issues and pre 4.3 features people have not appreciated losing.

Now, I know some are going to love the update while some will wish they didn't download it.

Where do you stand? Should I update to 4.3? How is battery life linked to it?

I have no battery issues. Stock keyboard changed some and is irritating. Other than that all seems OK.

sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post
    They will get a fix and update their app, this happens with every update.
    No, not every update kills hotspotting on dozens of apps. Now if you want to say that updates cause a variety of apps to force close or otherwise not work correctly, THAT would be a fair statement. but don't say that every update prevents hotspot apps from functioning.
    Samsung Note 2

No, not every update kills hotspotting on dozens of apps. Now if you want to say that updates cause a variety of apps to force close or otherwise not work correctly, THAT would be a fair statement. but don't say that every update prevents hotspot apps from functioning.
    No, actually, OS upgrades does kill this stuff, I used to use it long ago. This is nothing new and they said they will would get it taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post
    No, actually, OS upgrades does kill this stuff, I used to use it long ago. This is nothing new and they said they will would get it taken care of.
    I didnt say that there have never been OS updates that have killed the popular hotspot apps. what I am saying is that not every update we have gotten has done so, which is contrary to your earlier assertion. YOU: " this happens with every update."
    Samsung Note 2

Really? You are going to keep on with this? They will get it fixed and it really has nothing to do with update issues, that is a developer issue.

You gotta love 1812Dave's passion for a sub par update. I never had a problem with 4.1.2 and 4.3 is a little troublesome to people. I shouldn't have to factory reset my phone it's an over the air that should go without a lot of hiccups.
    I know nothing is flawless but you have to admit there are just a few too many bugs with this update. I went through a few updates but they still weren't as bad as 4.3.
    I'm not updating for as long as I can hold out, I'm glad it went well for some and I'm sorry not so well for others but I'll pass.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast