1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New OS update doesn't let me send MMS via wifi!

Android is truly horrible with OS updates. I noticed ever since my Note 2 updated, it runs slower and now i can't send MMS messages via wifi. What a damn let down and the worst part is, the Android OS doesn't let u go back 2 a prior OS. Ughhhhh! This makes me just wanna run 2 another phone OS all together like a Windows phone or something.

Default Re: New OS update doesn't let me send MMS via wifi!

Welcome to Android Central! Sorry to hear about your frustration. My understanding has always been that MMS requires mobile data to be on. That's always been the case with my Razr Maxx.

If you're willing to root your phone, you should be able to flash the prior OS. I don't have experience with it, because I've never had a Samsung device, but I'm pretty sure it's possible.

You might consider doing a cache partition wipe to see if that improves the performance of your Note 2. Sometimes leftover system data from the previous OS version can muck things up. Follow these instructions, but instead of selecting "wipe data/factory reset" in the Recovery Menu, make sure you select "wipe cache partition." . You won't lose any personal data or settings.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Every Android device i have can send text and MMS, and video messages via wifi. Even non Android phones can do that such as BlackBerry and Windows. However, it seems with the 4.3 update that has now changed. I can only send texts and sometimes that comes back as UNSENT and i have 2 click resend. Very horrible. I hate Android and their lazy OS updates. I also have a GSM phone and T-Mobile gives all their phones FREE wifi calling, so not sure if u can't do what everyone else does because u have a CDMA phone with Verizon and they're just good at ripping people off.

I think this is another ploy 2 make people use data who don't have unlimited data. Since I'm guessing MMS would fall under data by how many KIDS the video file or pic one is sending. Ughhh!

Although every Android device you have can send MMS over wifi, that is not the overall norm. In fact, from what I can find from a quick web search, only T-Mobile allows MMS over wifi (at least in the US). My Razr Maxx (Verizon) runs 4.1.2, and it has never been able to send MMS over wifi. This thread over on XDA has a nice discussion about how MMS is sent, and its limitations:

Global Posts
    13,877 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Taking TouchWiz and a carriers version at that and blaming Android isn't very fair.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here