1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 2: Can't send SMS and Calls after 4.3 update

Hi. I just upgraded my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to 4.3 last Tuesday, 12/24/13 and today, I noticed that I can't send and receive SMS and Calls on my phone. I don't know if the problem is my phone or my sim card. I tried restarting the phone and reinserting the sim. I almost tried everything. I can't try a new sim because I have no extra micro sim in my house.
    When I send a text, it says "currently unable to send your message. it will be sent when the service becomes available" then it goes on a message loop. When I try to call someone, it says "Not registered on network". The signal bar is full though.

Is there a way to solve this issue without having to root my phone? I still have it on warranty and I can't really follow complicated instructions since I'm new to Android.

edit: if there is really no way of solving this issue, then i'll go to the SSC. however, i really want to fix this alone cause' i'm pretty sure that they'll wipe off everything from my phone. if wiping every off of my phone will solve the issue, than i guess i'll just have to give it to SSC.

Thank you.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-13-2014 at 09:55 AM.

Default Re: Can't send SMS and Calls after 4.3 update

Am a new owner of a new Note 2. Have just upgraded to 4.3 and after reading your post checked my phone for calls and texts and it was OK. Not very helpful, I know, but presumably your problem is not a widespread android 4.3 problem

Have you tried a factory reboot? (settings-Backup and Restore-Factory Reset)

Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app

same problem here. SMS not working after 4.3 upgrade. I can send / receive only 1 SMS and only if if I reboot.

Post Re: Note 2: Can't send SMS and Calls after 4.3 update

I'm also facing a similar problem. I can't send any SMS. Only if I restart the phone, does a message get sent.
    But I can receive and dial calls.
    Need a fix for the SMS thing asap.

Default Re: Note 2: Can't send SMS and Calls after 4.3 update

I'm sure you've fixed the issue by now but this worked for me: I turned on WiFi (ensuring that calling via WiFi was tuned on) and then I turned it off after about 1 minute. All of my texts came flooding in after that.