Phone wont charge

SteveThePineapple

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi, my phone has recently stopped charging and having a conneciton with the charger. at first i could fix it by restarting my phone and plugging it in right away but now it shows the charging iconin the top right but it does not say that it is charging on the lock screen . I have plugged it in for an hour without gaining a charge.:'(

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi, my phone has recently stopped charging and having a conneciton with the charger. at first i could fix it by restarting my phone and plugging it in right away but now it shows the charging iconin the top right but it does not say that it is charging on the lock screen . I have plugged it in for an hour without gaining a charge.:'(

Welcome to the forums.
Have you tried a different cable or wall charger?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
yes my mother has the same phone and her's works and mine doesnt on her charger, i believe that it is a problem with the port in the phone itself

You are probably right. Downside is sometimes fixing these things is more expensive than replacing the device. Have you asked around for repair shops, or even SAmsung?

SteveThePineapple

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
i also read on a few websites that it is common to have dust in the port that makes a faulty connection, i tried blowing it out with compressed air but the problem still persists.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
i also read on a few websites that it is common to have dust in the port that makes a faulty connection, i tried blowing it out with compressed air but the problem still persists.

Good idea, but it probably is damaged. Bummer though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12