1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Phone wont charge

Hi, my phone has recently stopped charging and having a conneciton with the charger. at first i could fix it by restarting my phone and plugging it in right away but now it shows the charging iconin the top right but it does not say that it is charging on the lock screen . I have plugged it in for an hour without gaining a charge.

Global Posts
    13,914 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Phone wont charge

Quote Originally Posted by SteveThePineapple View Post
    Hi, my phone has recently stopped charging and having a conneciton with the charger. at first i could fix it by restarting my phone and plugging it in right away but now it shows the charging iconin the top right but it does not say that it is charging on the lock screen . I have plugged it in for an hour without gaining a charge.
    Welcome to the forums.
    Have you tried a different cable or wall charger?

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Welcome to the forums.
    Have you tried a different cable or wall charger?
    yes my mother has the same phone and her's works and mine doesnt on her charger, i believe that it is a problem with the port in the phone itself

Global Posts
    13,914 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

yes my mother has the same phone and her's works and mine doesnt on her charger, i believe that it is a problem with the port in the phone itself
    You are probably right. Downside is sometimes fixing these things is more expensive than replacing the device. Have you asked around for repair shops, or even SAmsung?

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

no, i havent had time yet, i did make it over to verizon but they werent much help and basically told me i either need to replace it or repair it.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

i also read on a few websites that it is common to have dust in the port that makes a faulty connection, i tried blowing it out with compressed air but the problem still persists.

Global Posts
    13,914 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

i also read on a few websites that it is common to have dust in the port that makes a faulty connection, i tried blowing it out with compressed air but the problem still persists.
    Good idea, but it probably is damaged. Bummer though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app