Galaxy Note 2 - cell/mobile network is not working after i upgraded to 4.3?

steve51184

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
i have a samsung galaxy note 2 gt-n7100 which was on 4.2.1 i downloaded the update "EUR-N7100XXUEMK9-20131218105221" and installed it successfully via 'mobile odin' and i am now on 4.3 BUT i have no cell/mobile network access?

i've tried flashing different kernels and modems via recovery menu but that just makes it so i can't toggle wifi on.. what is the fix and/or the right kernel/modem to be on?

please help i'm going to Amsterdam on the 2nd and don't want to take my iphone with me :(

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello, if you are using Mobile Odin to flash the update then this tells me this isn't the official OTA 4.3 update. This would be a custom ROM built from the 4.3 update.

This alone could be the problem, if there was/is an issue with the custom ROM. Also there is normally a firmware update that is included with a OS update and that is usually flashed separately in when your rooted and flashing custom ROMs.

My suggestion is to flash back to factory stock and then the OTA 4.3 update, then you can root and continue onward as you please.

steve51184

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
it wasn't a custom rom as far as i know

also how would i flash back to stock without losing all my files/data?

btw forgot to mention my os is linux :p

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
It may not have been a custom ROM in terms of being modified with extras like tweaks and improvements that custom ROMs are known for but if you used Mobile Odin to flash the update then it could of been a " stock-rooted " ROM built off the 4.3 update.

Another thing that you mentioned is flashing different kernels and modems (radio's). Again this tells me your device was rooted w/custom recovery? In order to flash custom kernels and radio's the device is rooted.

As for flashing back to stock and losing your files/data yes this is true if you restore back to complete factory stock using Odin with the proper factory restore files. However if you planned on rooting again afterwards you could use an application like Titanium Backup while your rooted and make your backups of apps/data and then restore this information once your properly updated and rooted again.

I'm not familiar with the techniques used with Linux to flash the device back to stock. There may or may not be a way to do it with Linux, you may have to use a computer running Windows so you can use the Windows version of " Odin " to properly flash the device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair