Otterbox defender on my Note 2....horribly scratched?

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Now, let me clarify, I have a Otterbox Defender on my Galaxy Note 2, bought barely 3 months ago. And while under regular light/angles, etc, you often don't see anything on the screen protector, under a angle under sunlight, say, its kind of horrifying to see all the scratches on it, and so forth. To further clarify, the only thing that touches my phone screen is my S-pen, and sometimes my finger. Hell, I keep it in the belt holster IN MY POCKET. So, is this just inevitable, and only really annoying if you're looking at your phone in direct sunlight, etc?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
If there are light scratches it could have come from a number of ways. Including before the case being installed. It's hard to say. But really does become a nuisance knowing it's there and visible under certain conditions.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Well, even when I open the case, etc, I'm careful, when I wanna clean out the inside, but, bleh, I guess as long as there's no marks viewable when I'm looking at the phone indoors, which is most of the time, or not in a direct sunlight angle-which who the hell usually is when they're using their phone screen, its more annoying than anything. Still, you'd think that for a protective surface, only being touched by a fingertip, and more often, my S-pen, it wouldn't get marked so? Don't suppose if I commented to Otterbox I could get a replacement piece?

Chris Flowers

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Wait, are you complaining about the Otterbox getting scratched? Surely it's doing it's job no? The idea is the case takes the hit so your phone doesn't surely?

However, Otterbox are always active on their Twitter account. Talk to them.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
It is, but when the only thing touching it is 80% of the time the S-pen, the rest of the time is my finger, and the fact that I keep the phone in the belt holster IN my pocket, I'd think that the screen protector would not look under sunlight like a drunk frat boy keyed it.

coxley24

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I, too, have had the same issue. It's more of an OCD issue to me as the Otterbox is doing what it's supposed to do. It's just annoying to see the minor scratched all over it. I also put it IN my pocket as well with the clip but nothing seems to work. I've since put a screen protector on it, a simple case and just put in my pocket. I don't seem to have the ornate scratches as I did before.