Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to stop mobogenie Auto download?

Dear
    Greetings. When i browse webpages. mobogenie softwere auto download in my cellphone. Some times pop up come to say do i want to play with mobogenie? i cancel that. And i able to block installation without my permission by google setting and block auto installation. In Auto download is it not money and net consuming? Please help me to block Auto Download.

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Default Re: How to stop mobogenie Auto download?

Quote Originally Posted by aseke View Post
    Dear
    Greetings. When i browse webpages. mobogenie softwere auto download in my cellphone. Some times pop up come to say do i want to play with mobogenie? i cancel that. And i able to block installation without my permission by google setting and block auto installation. In Auto download is it not money and net consuming? Please help me to block Auto Download.
    You can block in the settings the option for installing non-market apps, that should fix it.
    Proud LG G2 Owner!
    Thanked by:
    aseke 

you cant get the meanings buddy.. .the question is how to stop download and you are gaving the answer about installing... these are two different ...

if you have any kind of solution about it kindly share .. your quick and kind reply in this regard will be highly appreciated

Do not worry about that, Mobogenie is used as android market and free to install.

Quote Originally Posted by aseke View Post
    Dear
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

My Question is about downloading. It downloaded in my mobile more than 50 times.

Hey mate, well I've searched and followed all the directions of how to get this *&%$# apk mobogenie removed from my phone, but all the directions about Application Manager (my phone is Manage Applications) then swipe till you come to All (my All is at the top of the page), then swipe thru all the Apps till you come to mobogeniedickhead, and there will be 2 the one with no content is the real one, the other one is the culprit...............year right. There was no mobogenie anywhere in my Apps Manager. So then I decided to try to download the cleaning installation Clean Master....... easier said than done...... failed that because I had to log on with an account, which I didn't want to do because of mobodickhead all my info is unsafe..... so what I did was reset factory default and killed off all the downloads etc.... Sooooo I'm about to turn my phone on to see if its worked..... I'll get back to you... stay tune

It worked, the downloads for mobogenie are gone now I have to do my settings so I can block it, the most hideous so and so ever to be invented. Its kinda put me off Android all together

Is Android doing anything to stop this useless app from downloading without consent. Cheap marketing strategy from mobogenie.

Hey Guys,
    I searched about it and I found a solution.
    This may be helpful. For Android, Go to Settings then Accounts & Sync (or for some devices Privacy and Accounts)
    The select the google account you want to and then go to 'Ads' settings there Reset the Advertising ID also go to Ads Setting abd you will be directed to Googles Ads Manager and Opt out of Everything you see. There you go, you won't se any annoying popups and downloads from mobogenie or other such apps anymore.
    This helped for me.

I registered just to say Thank you!