Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Contacts: Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly. Going on for days!!

hello:

Suddenly a few days ago my contacts disappeared from my phone. I found several forum posts which I followed and I disabled and reenabled the contact apps,
    cleared the data are cleared the cache, nothing worked. There was no contact listed in the phone's regular orange Contacts icon app.

I then downloaded an app called Go Contacts EX. I could see my contacts there, but I found this very difficult to operate, so this is not a solution for me .

I also backed up all of my contacts from my Gmail account, deleted all of them from my Gmail account, then re-imported all of my data again to my Gmail account, then tried to resync the contacts but nothing is working. Now I have all of my contacts again in my Gmail account. But still nothing on my phone.

When on my phone,I click on the Accounts and my Gmail account, even though the "Sync contacts" box is ticked, there is an error message next to it saying "sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly."

Yesterday night, I had managed to make it work, but it only synchronized a small part of my 2600 contacts.
    Then the contacts on the disappeared mysteriously 10 minutes later.
    And it says again: "sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly."

And no, the "sync only with contacts who have phone numbers" is not enabled
    The rest of the Calendar and Gmail is synchronizing just fine.

What could be the deal with the "Sync Contacts" that it is not working????

i am open to any suggestions. Thank you so very much in advance!!

Default Re: Contacts: Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly. Going on for days!!

Have had the same problem since 25th any body out their who can help

Default Re: Contacts: Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly. Going on for days!!

I am also having this problem. I tried deleting my Google account and then adding it back again. The contacts appeared while they were initially syncing but then the error returned and my contacts are gone. Was there some kind of update that could have had a bug?

I'm having the same problem. Can't sync. Also can't choose friends on fb to share on friends wall. Please help!!

Having the same problem with gmail on n7 (2012). Toggled auto-sync data and gmail sync numerous times, no go. Frustrating, Google are too smart for their own good. When did computers speed things up? (mini rant)

Help please, John.

Same issue here also!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

Move all your contacts to the phone instead of syncing it to your email. I had problems where numbers disappeared along with favorite contacts widget. No problem ever since.

Sent from my Samsung Note II on Tapatalk

Nothing works Except this little app
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sSyncFix&hl=en
    regards
    bob

- - - Updated - - -
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by evo666 View Post
    Move all your contacts to the phone instead of syncing it to your email. I had problems where numbers disappeared along with favorite contacts widget. No problem ever since.

Sent from my Samsung Note II on Tapatalk
    Moved all my contacts to my phone, but they still disappear once in a while, it doesn't solve my problem. it doesn't make sense!
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by adibob2005 View Post
    regards
    bob

- - - Updated - - -
    Hi Bib, thanks for your post. I tried this, downloaded the app, ran it, it didn't fix my problem. Contacts disappear and reappear on their own and using this app doesn't make them reappear :-(

Same error message started on my mobile on 2-17-14. How do I fix this? Thanks, Linda

I keep getting sync errors on my phone. im using a nexus 4 android its preventing my access to google play and to my gmail. Ive tried removing and re adding the account, adding a second account, turning sync off and on repeatedly, forcing a re sync repeatedly, and clearing app caches just in case. Nothing so far has worked. If this keeps up, im returning the damn phone and getting something else!

Quote Originally Posted by adibob2005 View Post
    regards
    bob

- - - Updated - - -
    This fixed it for me on my S3.

I had sync problems with maps and later Google Play. Maps had sync error and Google Play had authentication failure. This seems to be a problem with the mobile connection access. Both worked normally using wifi on tablet, so I used wifi to sync on the my note 2 phone then turned wifi off and all worked normally on mobile after that. This may work for contacts also so just try using wifi and see if it works.

Posted via Android Central App

I've heard that Go Contacts doesn't sync well. It isn't working for me ...yet.

still no correction to this problem? Who do we contact?

I had the same problem. just use a VPN service to connect to internet then sync manually. (I used hotspot shield VPN)
    it works great

Titanium backup user apps with data
    Reflash rom
    Restore apps with data.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

I've heard that Go Contacts doesn't sync

This is the only thing that has worked for my Lg Flex d959-->>Perform a master reset.<<-- After reading & reading

I have the same problem. Any solutions???

Do regular back up to samsung cloud, suffice to say given its a common problem today there will be no advice about what we can do other than sitting it out and waiting till they fix it.... If only I had listened to my own advice 5 hours ago lol I might of enjoyed boxing day rather than installing uninstalling switching unswitching, checking unchecking, deleting and creating new accounts etc etc Before seeing this thread. One thing I did learn if you want to delete your old account for samsung you need to reboot first to add another.... doh!!!

Yeah. Been working with Verizon for hours. Samsung Galaxy 4 calendar events will no longer sync up to google calendars. It's something Google changed a few months ago. I'm sick because I need to reset my phone thus loosing all my calendar events because I have no where to store them and sync them back to my phone. Thoughts from anyone on another app that will allow me to store events on my phone and pull them back over to my phone once it's been reset to the factory default?

Hi,

Found the fix.
    Go to Settings > Accounts
    On the top right side corner you will find a ":" similar icon next to search icon. Click on it and enable "Auto-Sync Data" by clicking the checkbox.

Tijo

I have had the same problem (with the VPN - Hotspot Shield Elite - not active). Activate and it syncs properly!!!! Thanks for the tip.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast