Downloaded pictures that are not mine

MRDS650

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Good Evening, need some help
Every time I plug my phone (Note2) into my computer to download my pictures I get over 1500 photos. I only have about a 100 pics on my phone. The other pictures that show up were not taken by me and I have no idea were they came from. Some are fairly vulgar. I can't find these photos on the phone to delete them. I have clicked erase all photos after downloading and they will still come up if I plug the phone in again.
I have emailed Samsung and they first said to try deleting them on my drop box or Google place accounts. I don't have either of these. Next they told me to wipe the phone clear by doing a hard reset and starting again. I have not done that yet, as I will lose all my music and contacts ect.

Any Help would be Appreciated.

Thanks

Kurt :'(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Maybe someone was browsing adult sites on your device without your knowledge (or as a prank), and downloaded or cached a bunch of photos? Try clearing all app caches. If your device doesn't have a built-in way to do so, you can install an app like App Cache Cleaner that will do it for you. Caches are all temporary data, so you won't lose anything important.

Do these unwanted photos show up when you browse the Gallery or Photos app on your phone?

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Are you the original owner of the phone? Is your gmail account the only one synced on the phone? Do you have multiple gmail accounts?

MRDS650

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Yes I am the orgingal owner. I have a gmail account synced to the phone that I never use, but had to have when I first got the phone. I also have a Hotmail account synced to the phone which is my main email account.
No one else has access to my phone, so the photos could not have been downloaded threw the phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How exactly are the pics downloading to the computer when you connect it? Are you using the Windows "Import Pictures" option? Or do they just show up when you explore the phone's storage using the computer browser?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not exactly sure where Windows looks for that Import Photos & Videos function. My guess is that there's some cache somewhere that contains all of those images, but I don't know where it might be. Try wiping the system cache partition, which won't erase any important data or settings: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-6768

MRDS650

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
That did it, Thank you all and B. Diddy. I installed the app cache cleaner and downloaded my pics tonight and only got my pics. Thank you very much.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Great! So was it the App Cache Cleaner that helped, or the system cache partition wipe? (They're different processes.)

Posted via Android Central App

Amusemenow

Jun 1, 2023
Visit site
Good Evening, need some help
Every time I plug my phone (Note2) into my computer to download my pictures I get over 1500 photos. I only have about a 100 pics on my phone. The other pictures that show up were not taken by me and I have no idea were they came from. Some are fairly vulgar. I can't find these photos on the phone to delete them. I have clicked erase all photos after downloading and they will still come up if I plug the phone in again.
I have emailed Samsung and they first said to try deleting them on my drop box or Google place accounts. I don't have either of these. Next they told me to wipe the phone clear by doing a hard reset and starting again. I have not done that yet, as I will lose all my music and contacts ect.

Any Help would be Appreciated.

Thanks

Kurt :'(
Hello, I was having the same issue and just now, I discovered the photos were coming g from the WhatsUp app. I went to the app and discovered a group I supposedly had joined ed (which I never knowingly did). The photos I was getting were all mostly related to the stock market. The group had to do with the same. I exited the group and clicked on the "Erase all photos/media related with this group" option, and the last and only photos that was left in my gallery disappeared. I would check on the WhatsUp app first, if you have it. If not, open up any of the photos in question and check the "Details" option for it. It should tell you where it came from. Hope this helps.

Reactions: B. Diddy

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11