Results 1 to 16 of 16
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Synycalwon
  • 1 Post By wlaw422
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default And now we are getting Kit Kat 4.4...thoughts, comments?

    So supposedly Samsung is rolling out 4.4 as of today. What do we think?
    Thanked by:
  2. #2  
    gvlakers's Avatar

    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

    Default Re: And now we are getting Kit Kat 4.4...thoughts, comments?

    Quote Originally Posted by SDHarleydad View Post
    So supposedly Samsung is rolling out 4.4 as of today. What do we think?

    Um source of your information?
  3. #3  

    Default Re: And now we are getting Kit Kat 4.4...thoughts, comments?

    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: And now we are getting Kit Kat 4.4...thoughts, comments?

    Ummm...The home page of this site!


    "Samsung Galaxy U.S. devices currently scheduled to receive the KitKat update include select carrier variants of the Galaxy Note® 3, Galaxy Note® II, Galaxy S® 4, Galaxy S® 4 mini™, Galaxy S® 4 Active™, Galaxy S® 4 zoom™, Galaxy S® III, Galaxy S® III mini™, Galaxy Mega®, Galaxy Light, Galaxy Note® 8.0, Galaxy Tab® 3, Galaxy Note® 10.1, Galaxy Note® 10.1 2014 Edition.

    Availability varies by carrier and product, with updates beginning today and continuing throughout the coming months. "
  5. #5  

    Default Re: And now we are getting Kit Kat 4.4...thoughts, comments?

    Great to know they haven't forgotten about us.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
  6. #6  

    Default Re: And now we are getting Kit Kat 4.4...thoughts, comments?

    It is great for those looking for more current updates. Myself, it really makes no difference as I don't buy into the update game (OS or apps) as it too frequently breaks stuff and causes problems. I prefer the axiom "If it ain't broke....". It's one major reason I root and freeze the OTA updater to stay on existing firmware (wish Google/Android gave us a native way to do that without needing root). As to newer software, I'll look for it on new devices when the time comes.
    Thanked by:
    1812dave likes this.
  7. #7  
    wlaw422's Avatar

    Posts
    10 Posts
    ROM
    Das BAMF Sense 3.0 RC 4.9

    Default Re: And now we are getting Kit Kat 4.4...thoughts, comments?

    Good to hear but honestly... Me being on Verizon... I'll believe it when I see it. I'll remain skeptical up until that point.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Nibs likes this.
  8. #8  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    5,449 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,528 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

    Default Re: And now we are getting Kit Kat 4.4...thoughts, comments?

    Quote Originally Posted by wlaw422 View Post
    Good to hear but honestly... Me being on Verizon... I'll believe it when I see it. I'll remain skeptical up until that point.

    Posted via Android Central App
    You're getting it regardless of carrier. You may get it later than others, but I don't see why you wouldn't get it at all.

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

    R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
  9. #9  

    Default Re: And now we are getting Kit Kat 4.4...thoughts, comments?

    I am not updating since this will break my wi-fi tether.
  10. #10  
    gdanonym's Avatar

    Posts
    82 Posts
    Global Posts
    388 Global Posts

    Default Re: And now we are getting Kit Kat 4.4...thoughts, comments?

    Well, i gues i'm skipping this one. Because the external SD-card is restricted. Got a 32GB card, i do want to keep it.
    I do am happy with the 4.3 completely. 4.4.2 would be nice, but only if the SD-Card is not restricted.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: And now we are getting Kit Kat 4.4...thoughts, comments?

    Quote Originally Posted by gdanonym View Post
    Well, i gues i'm skipping this one. Because the external SD-card is restricted. Got a 32GB card, i do want to keep it.
    I do am happy with the 4.3 completely. 4.4.2 would be nice, but only if the SD-Card is not restricted.
    How is an android update going to stop us from using a 32GB card on a non-Nexus device??
    Samsung Note 2
  12. #12  
    gdanonym's Avatar

    Posts
    82 Posts
    Global Posts
    388 Global Posts

    Default Re: And now we are getting Kit Kat 4.4...thoughts, comments?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    How is an android update going to stop us from using a 32GB card on a non-Nexus device??
    Well read this, that and those...

    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...o-sd-card.html

    Apps not seeing the SD card

    "Google no longer supports SD cards" ??

    And lots more.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: And now we are getting Kit Kat 4.4...thoughts, comments?

    Quote Originally Posted by gdanonym View Post
    its not as bad as u make it out to be, actually. relax. some apps may need updates. big deal.
    Samsung Note 2
  14. #14  
    gdanonym's Avatar

    Posts
    82 Posts
    Global Posts
    388 Global Posts

    Default Re: And now we are getting Kit Kat 4.4...thoughts, comments?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    its not as bad as u make it out to be, actually. relax. some apps may need updates. big deal.
    Well i guess i will wait it out. But i really use the SD-card.
    I keep my eyes on the Solid Explorer, which i use. In the mean time, i disabled the auto update feature.
    With the 4.3 it's already better than the original firmware, i don't have any issues and am happy about it. I would love the 4.4, but really need the SD-card function.

    I also watch the youtube channel, "the daily note 2 and 3" which test every feature of the upgrades on the Note 3 and 2. Great channel.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: And now we are getting Kit Kat 4.4...thoughts, comments?

    Quote Originally Posted by gdanonym View Post
    Well i guess i will wait it out. But i really use the SD-card.
    I keep my eyes on the Solid Explorer, which i use. In the mean time, i disabled the auto update feature.
    With the 4.3 it's already better than the original firmware, i don't have any issues and am happy about it. I would love the 4.4, but really need the SD-card function.

    I also watch the youtube channel, "the daily note 2 and 3" which test every feature of the upgrades on the Note 3 and 2. Great channel.
    pretty much everyone wants to use a large capacity SD card. it will all work out.
    Samsung Note 2
  16. #16  
    gdanonym's Avatar

    Posts
    82 Posts
    Global Posts
    388 Global Posts

    Default Re: And now we are getting Kit Kat 4.4...thoughts, comments?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    pretty much everyone wants to use a large capacity SD card. it will all work out.
    I couldn't be leave that samsung would implement or take over this from the source files. Because all their phones has an sd-card slot. But it was true for the Note 3 and S4 updates.
    I have not yet found a official response from Samsung on this issue.

Similar Threads

  1. Air Command, Multi Screen and Notification Panel stop working
    By sateesh desu in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-23-2014, 11:01 PM
  2. Returning to rooting and need advice
    By traumahawk in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & Hacks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-19-2014, 03:41 PM
  3. Samsung Galaxy S4 gets HOT while charging.
    By Aussrh420 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-18-2014, 10:34 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-18-2014, 09:35 AM
  5. green LED light doesnt work for sms and calls
    By pandora1 in forum LG Optimus G
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-18-2014, 08:19 AM

Posting Permissions

B