Pebble Causing Sound Artefacts?

fade2black101

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi

Since upgrading to 4.3 on my Note Ii, I have noticed that when the pebble is connected to my phone, it causes the sound quality to diminish significantly when using my Bluebuds X bluetooth earphones. Sort of like resembling a low bitrate MP3.

This doesn't seem to be a problem on the Nexus 4 or on the 4.1.2 version of Android that was on my Note II before. It feels to me that when the pebble is connected, the buggy and broken bluetooth drivers switch to a low bitpool version of A2DP which sound like complete and utter cack. It reverts back to better quality (perhaps APT-X) when the pebble is disconnected.

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions, as it is a bit of a dealbreaker for me and, quite frankly, a massive massive pain in the *** which is prohibiting me enjoying the phone & pebble properly. The only thing stopping me switching to a different phone like the HTC One or Xperia Compact is that I can't be sure the bluetooth doesn't also have the same problem on those, as they are also on 4.3.

Thank you for any help.

fade2black101

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Just tested this on a stock HTC One (also on 4.3) and it has the exact same issue. Seems to be a problem with Android itself. I find it hard to believe that this problem isn't widespread on 4.3. Will test it on a Note 3 tomorrow.

I hope the Kit Kat update gets a move on...