1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Pebble Causing Sound Artefacts?

Hi

Since upgrading to 4.3 on my Note Ii, I have noticed that when the pebble is connected to my phone, it causes the sound quality to diminish significantly when using my Bluebuds X bluetooth earphones. Sort of like resembling a low bitrate MP3.

This doesn't seem to be a problem on the Nexus 4 or on the 4.1.2 version of Android that was on my Note II before. It feels to me that when the pebble is connected, the buggy and broken bluetooth drivers switch to a low bitpool version of A2DP which sound like complete and utter cack. It reverts back to better quality (perhaps APT-X) when the pebble is disconnected.

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions, as it is a bit of a dealbreaker for me and, quite frankly, a massive massive pain in the *** which is prohibiting me enjoying the phone & pebble properly. The only thing stopping me switching to a different phone like the HTC One or Xperia Compact is that I can't be sure the bluetooth doesn't also have the same problem on those, as they are also on 4.3.

Thank you for any help.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Pebble Causing Sound Artefacts?

Just tested this on a stock HTC One (also on 4.3) and it has the exact same issue. Seems to be a problem with Android itself. I find it hard to believe that this problem isn't widespread on 4.3. Will test it on a Note 3 tomorrow.

I hope the Kit Kat update gets a move on...