Dropbox issues with Keepass file not synching. [FIXED]

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I updated keepass on my PC. On my phone the file DOES show the recent timestamp in Dropbox, but when I open the database, an old password shows for an item that I had updated on my PC. If I go to the web version of Dropbox and look at the file, it has the correct, updated password.

I tried restarting the phone, clearing the cache of Dropbox but each time I open the keepass file it still shows the old password. I remember this happening to me ages ago but forgot how to fix it.

Anyone have this problem and know the fix? The weird thing is that the timestamp of the file is correct. Somewhere on the phone there is a cached version of the database file, that is being opened instead of the latest version but I couldn't find it using OIfilemanager.

Last edited:

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: Dropbox issues with Keepass file not sycnching.

Well, I found the problem. There is a "Scratch" folder in sdcard0/android/data/com.dropbox.android/files" that had a version of my keepass data file dated some 3 months ago. WTF?? There seems to be something wrong with Dropbox's operation on the phone. Don't know if this is their android app issue, the phone, or what. But very unsettling, as there are a number of other files in that Scratch folder that are from last year and I know they are files that I regularly update on my PC.

Just when I thought Dropbox was very cool. Grrrr.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: Dropbox issues with Keepass file not sycnching.

I just opened an xls file on dropbox on my phone(AFTER having deleted the aforementioned Scratch folder). The correct version of the file opened up, and then I hit Discard upon exiting the file. Then I went to the newly created scratch folder and there was one file: the file I had just opened. I guess that would be OK, IF Dropbox doesn't keep opening the often OLD versions of my files that are being saved by Dropbox, to it's own Scratch folder. I think it's time I try to get in contact with the app developer and see what he has to say about this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki