Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By executiveg
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Games not working and missing on sd card. Help!!

I have a 64 gb card on my phone. Sometimes when I install some games on it. I try to play the game and then before the game starts it says the game has unfortunately stopped running.
    After I go back to the game icon and the icon is transparent with a alittle sd icon on the bottum. I attached a picture of how it looks.

This is a 2 week old samsung sd card.
    What is the problem? Is there anyway to fix it? Anyone seen this before?

Thanks to all that help

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Games not working and missing on sd card. Help!!-1393710414232.jpg  
    UJ95x likes this.

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: Games not working and missing on sd card. Help!!

Quote Originally Posted by executiveg View Post
    I have a 64 gb card on my phone. Sometimes when I install some games on it. I try to play the game and then before the game starts it says the game has unfortunately stopped running.
    After I go back to the game icon and the icon is transparent with a alittle sd icon on the bottum. I attached a picture of how it looks.

This is a 2 week old samsung sd card.
    What is the problem? Is there anyway to fix it? Anyone seen this before?

Thanks to all that help

Have they worked on the SD card before? Don't think I've seen anyone successfully run a game that is installed on the SD card. Move it to the internal storage and it should work again

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Have they worked on the SD card before? Don't think I've seen anyone successfully run a game that is installed on the SD card. Move it to the internal storage and it should work again

once I bought my note 2 I wasn't able to put apps on sd card like with all my android phones.
    But after a update acouple months back. They allow to put apps on the sd card again like it was with long time ago.

I have some games that work that are on the sd card now and then some on sd card that work once or twice and then became a transparent icon.

Now I just noticed in my gallery some of my videos/pictures are blank and can't play videos.
    What is Goin on.
    These are important pictures I have and can't view them now.

Please help
    Please any ideas anyone how to get these pictures back? Screen shot include of how some of my gallery pictices/videos look

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Games not working and missing on sd card. Help!!-1393715372005.jpg  

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by executiveg View Post
    once I bought my note 2 I wasn't able to put apps on sd card like with all my android phones.
    But after a update acouple months back. They allow to put apps on the sd card again like it was with long time ago.

I have some games that work that are on the sd card now and then some on sd card that work once or twice and then became a transparent icon.

Now I just noticed in my gallery some of my videos/pictures are blank and can't play videos.
    What is Goin on.
    These are important pictures I have and can't view them now.

Please help
    Please any ideas anyone how to get these pictures back? Screen shot include of how some of my gallery pictices/videos look

The SD card appears to be corrupted.
    I have a guide for fixing the corruption on the card, and it can potentially retrieve them.
    The guide: [GUIDE] Using chkdsk to fix a corrupted SD card
    As far as the games not working, Google killed support for SD cards since 4.0, so it's now up to the app developers if they want to include that option, so it's going to vary from app to app. If an app doesn't work, move it to internal storage

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan